Friday 30 January 2009

Harajuku Girls just wanna ....... Shop!!

So today I really wanted to write a review of my CHI collection as I visited the hair fairies last night and discovered some things about the condition of my hair that i thought anyone using CHI or looking to try out CHI may like to know. However, that is on hold until the weekend as I made a few purchases today i am super excited about!! (i'm sad I know) .. if i have enough time i will make sure I post a blog about CHI but i'm off out soon so not much time.

So here is my first purchase which I am LOVING!


Its Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers Fragrance! How cute is this?! I actually seen these last month when i was on my way to Berlin but didn't have enough time to have a proper look. They have just launched in the UK so I was so happy when i stumbled across them in my local Boots! I picked up Love/Sweetstuff which is described as 'Caring and free-spirited, Love is always off in her own little world. Stepping out in a striped mini-dress and street-chic red kicks, Love wears her heart on her sleeve. Her scent is an unforgettable bouquet of pink pomelo, rose, and creamy vanilla orchid' ....(what is pomelo? I am not sure) ... I actually thought the fragrance may be a bit naff as to me its more of a novelty but i was pleasantly surprised when they all turned out to be really lovely and very wearable! I also bought G/Leader of the Pack (I'm assuming this is supposed to be Gwen) for my friend - this is more coconutty and really reminds me of being on holiday - lush! I actually ended up with this one all over me because as i was putting the tester back on the shelf, the shelf collapsed and the bottle fell on the concrete floor. I thought the bottle was fine until i picked it up and it practically drowned me in its suncream-esque fragrance! Although i did get a couple of compliments about smelling so nice when i went to the next shop so it wasn't all bad!!

Aside that I also picked up a new lippy from Barry M. Now I do admit, I am a bit of a make up snob at times and I don't usually get sucked in by anything too gimmicky (How ironic after buying Harajuku Lovers! lol). But when it comes to high street/drugstore brands ... Barry M is one I always go for (along with Gosh, Too Faced and Revlon). So today I picked up shade 136. I never quite suit a nude so I tend to go for something with a bit more of a gold shimmer in it and this one is just perfect for me. Here it is in the tube and then on my lips. (apologies for the blurring it was on my camera phone)


It went really well with my look today with Macs 'all that glitters' and 'sable' on my eyes. In fact this lipstick is almost like the lipstick version of all that glitters.

I then headed to TK Maxx where I picked up quite a few bargains so here is a few of themI bought the St Tropez auto-bronzant complete tanning system for only £12! It has Steps 1-3 of the St Tropez tanning process so thats the body polisher, moisturiser and bronzing lotion. Now I am not a big fan of St Tropez, I usually wear Fake Bake or an American brand called Sunbrushed (which is amazing - must let you all know about it soon) ... but at that price I was not leaving it on the shelf!! Is anyone spotting I love a bargain yet?! lol. I will use it as my back up when my other tans run out!
I also bought some 'beyond bronze' factor 30 ... good for the summer hols. These days i keep my factor high as I don't want to risk wrinkles, leathery skin or skin cancer! These were only £1 each reduced from £8 - amazing!! And just as a bit of a joke item i bought a Massive bronzer compact for 50p ... i probably won't use that too much as the product does not look very good at all but i thought the size of it was hilarious (and again, i did say i don't 'usually' go for gimmicks!!)

The final bargain I picked up was Elizabeth Ardens Green Tea cooling body spray ... its just so fresh and lovely! Just a spritz or 2 of it and you're feeling nice and sparky again .. the smell is so calming too! Nice.

So sorry for another long and pointless post! I promise i don't always spend time at the shops ... can't afford it for a start but luckily this is pay week - hurrah!

I will post over the weekend about the CHI products as promised, hope you will find that interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't the Harajuku Lovers cute! I saw these all lined up urging you to buy them all in Debenhams :) I picked up the sheet of samples and trying them out. I need to be disciplined or I WILL buy them all!

    ReplyDelete