Wednesday 28 January 2009

The search begins ...... and mini haul!

So after the warm/cool debate ........ i decided for myself i must have a warm skintone and lucky for me the Mac assistant agreed with me when i went in to have a look in store today! yay!
However she did say i should still wear my NC foundation but break it up with NW concealer and powder to set so that i don't end up looking too golden yellow! I still haven't chosen a new foundation yet but i did pick up some Chanel pro lumiere samples and my friend bought YSL perfect touch and it looked great on her! So now i know I am warm toned (sorry but i had been needing confirmation of that for like 2 months before i could move on with my life! lol) i can begin the search for the perfect foundation to give me flawless beautiful skin.

So my little look around the shops turned into a bit of a shopping spree ..... and here is what i got!

  • I picked up a cute pair of little purple pumps fromCoast in the sale ..... normally not the kind of thing i would go for but they were so cheap (£16) that i could not leave them in the store!
  • Chi Volume Boost and the infamous Chi silk infusion ... this is my second bottle of this in the past month but again its going so cheap in Sally's just now that i would not dare leave it!
  • RMK eye make up remover ...again another sale item. I have never tried this before but i have just run out of eye make up remover so nice timing!
  • YSL Faux cils mascara in black ... love this!
  • Urban Decay Velvet rope set - i have been hearing about these eyeliners from everywhere at the moment ... they are just so gorgeous and creamy and such a lovely colour selection - so wearable. love love love!
  • My beloved Nars Orgasm. Its a kind of peachy pink blush with a gold shimmer going through it ... hmm lush!
  • Mac select cover up concealer in NW20 and Mac select sheer pressed powder in NW20 ... i have never tried either of these so i am hoping they work well. I bought the powder because the other night i dropped my studio fix in the toilet while getting ready to go out for the night - whoops!! Hopefully this will be better than studio fix as it could be a bit cakey. I also bought Patina eyeshadow but didn't get a picture of this as i put it in its palette then misplaced it in the house somewhere .... so at the moment i desperately want to try a look with it but can't find it!!! idiot!
  • Finally, i bought a candle from Nars called Shangri-la .... ooh it smells so gorgeous

So all in all quite a good spree i would say. I have a few other things I am on the look out for when i finally decide on a new foundation .... like Estee Lauders signature palette in 'Amber Honey' ... I've always thought of Estee Lauder as a brand for older woman but i am really drawn to this palette ... has anyone else used or uses Estee Lauder?
What do you think of it?
Rate or slate?!

xx

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah! The UD Velvet Rope strike again! I love them :) I want every single colour now though :( Like the purple pumps to but then Im a sucker for purple.
    Ive heard alot about the Chi range is it good? Does it leave your hair heavy on anything? I have baby hair :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lazula - I am going to do a chi review over the weekend, think you might be interested in some of my findings before you try!

    ReplyDelete