Monday 14 December 2009

My Skin Saviour ...

Up until 4 or 5 months ago I was convinced I was allergic to Estee Lauder skincare products. I found their cleanser/toner broke my skin out and dried it up to a shrivel. That is until I tried this .... my skin saviour ...
Estee Lauder DayWear Plus for normal/combination skin. I first purchased this at duty free going on holiday about 3 months or so ago. I applied it day and night on holiday and by the end of my week away my skin was looking like its old self again, revitalised, clear and hydrated!

I did think it could have been a helping hand from the Sun but I continued to use it after I came home and yup, my skin was still lovely. The only time my skin broke out in any way or started to 'play up' was when i ran out of it a couple of weeks ago! As soon as I repurchased my skin started to behave again.

DayWear Plus is described as a moisturiser with SPF which helps to 'prevent lines before they appear'. Since I have not noticed any new lines appearing I guess I will assume it's doing it's job! ;) The cream itself is an aqua colour but is clear on the skin (although there is a tinted moisturiser version of this which is great for Summer).

It contains a blend of anti-oxidants such as rare South African Red Tea, Grape Seed, and a combination of Vitamins C and E. Basically this means it moisturises, protects and re-enerigses all in one. Bonza! Ooh and it has a whiff of cucumber for that fresh feeling!

I think I will purchase the tinted version of this when the nicer weather comes in again but I would like this to remain a staple of my skincare. I also find it works great as a primer as well as making my skin looks and feels healthy - just the way I like it!

x

5 comments:

  1. I love the cucumber smell of the tinted version of this, a lovely product. Grey in the tube, but it's very subtle on. It's the only Estee Lauder skin-care product I've ever got on with, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really tempted by this....so many skincare products to try but I just want something to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this and it's great for a burst of moisture. It's a bit heavy for me to wear under makeup but I like it as a night cream (even if it does have SPF)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @getlippie yeah it's lovely ... The tinted version was great in the summer I will def repurchase x

    @holly I'm loving a lot of EL skincare these days - who'd have thought?! X

    @Rowena you should give it a go, I think you'd like it x

    @Liparazzi I think they are all different consistencies, certainly the one I use isn't as thick as the dry skin version otherwise I could never wear under my make up x

    ReplyDelete