Tuesday 22 December 2009

So, this kinda bugged me ...

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by MAC to pick up some falsies for my Christmas night out. Christmas isn't Christmas without falsies and sparkle! I decided to keep it fairly low key for my night out though and went for semi natural looking lashes.

I knew what I was after - No.43's (below)


As described on the MAC website they are 'Wispy bundles and natural style length provide an everyday flirty fringe'.

Nothing indicates that these are individual lashes and I just KNOW already they are not.

So I let the MAC assistant know what i want - she collects them for me and says "Individual lashes, yeah?"

I say "no, they are strip lashes"

she says "no they're not, they are individual lashes, see?"

At this point, I say "No, they just have a clear band, see?"

She says "No, thats just the glue"

I know I am right but I ask "so how would you suggest I apply individual lashes that come in bundles like that?"

She says "with tweezers."

Do I need to say anymore?!! Maybe one day, just maybe I will get someone serve me in MAC who isn't clueless, arrogant, bitchy or condescending. Maybe.

Anyway, I still bought them because thankfully out of the 2 of us - one of us had a clue!!

I love them and here is a terrible photo of me donning said lashes on my night out - you barely see them but it's the only photo I have of me!

Not a great photo for getting an impression of the lashes but it won't be the last time I buy them so next time I will get a more detailed shot! Hopefully you get an idea of the natural fullness they give on the top lash.

Who else is loving lashes this Christmas?

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pic. :) I dont know what to say about the MAC assistant...makes you want to bang your head off a wall huh? :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a beautiful picture of you .. and I know what you mean!
    i've always had such fights but with SAs , I don't know how they hire people who have no clue about the products ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell me about it..id love to work for mac id be so passionate they really have no clue..i was asking for a pigment that i KNOW was being realeased in collection and they were like no...that was discon years ago grrrrr..clueless i swear we bloggers kno more xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, I hate bad service! love that pic of you, great hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, I just bought these myself and they look like strip lashes to me...I would have been confused at that question :)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got these bad boys aswell for my Xmas night out - love them but not surprised by MAC at all.

    How's the weather in your neck on the woods? Hope it's not too bad - my place isn't holding up too well!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look just gorgeous!
    Argh the sales people at MAC are the exact same like that here too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Winter Blossom - thanks! I know i did want to bang my head against a wall! Luckily i managed to bite my tongue though ha ha xx

    @Mosha - I know i think you should know your products inside out if you work as a MUA xx

    @Tiffany - yes, i had a similar experience to that too! Frustrating isn't it?! I too would be so passionate about the brand if i worked there! xx

    @Em - Thanks Em! xx

    @UnicornSmile - yeah they are strip lashes - the assistant just didnt know her products well enough! xx

    @LionLovingTiger - Sometimes i wonder if its just Glasgow MAC - I have had good experiences everywhere else! Gggrr - Weather on south side is snowy and took over an hour to get home from work last night in the car - not as bad as its been for some people xx

    @Sarah - Thanks!!:) Glad to know its not just me then ha ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. MAC sales assistants are sometimes so rude! I like the look of the lashes - really pretty, and you look lovely in the photo xx

    ReplyDelete