Thursday 31 May 2012

Matalan Style Project

Last month I was asked to take part in Matalan's Style Project where I create a look based on their given theme and pitted against 2 other fashion/style bloggers for the public vote.

This made me super nervous, I don't label myself a style/fashion blogger so to join a challenge that included legitimate fashion bloggers filled me with a little bit of dread but still very excited to be asked to take part :)  Matalan is a firm favourite of mine, offering affordable fashion pieces as well as fabulous homeware which I have been purchasing loads of recently.

The theme was 'Girlie' and in Matalan's terms they see this as cute cuts, pastel colours with some 1950's Americana thrown in!  One thing I don't do well is girlie so this was quite the challenge.  I don't wear a lot of frilly or girly colours so it felt a little unusual to try and style myself this way and in the end I went for something very overtly girlie!

I basically channeled Lana Del Ray, Frida Kahlo and Margarita Pracatan for this particular look! I went for a very feminine pastel yellow racer back dress, bow wedges, a floral satchel and I made a floral head dress a la Frida and Lana from a variety of floral accessories.








If you like my outfit, it would be lovely for you to leave a wee comment on the Matalan Style Project page here, where you will see the 2 gorgeous looks from the other style bloggers and a very 'special' looking pic of me in my get up ;)

x

9 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous, especially in the last photo! you really suit the girlie colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlene! My mum always says I suit girlie colours but I just can't get used to them, will need to try wear them more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - cannot believe you MADE that headpiece! I know it's supposed to be about the Matalan clothes but that is like the stand out piece of the outfit that the rest sort of compliments towards :L
    LOVE! The bracelet and dress are ridic pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look amazing lovely the whole thing just works - well done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Commented, you look amazing, very fresh and girly, you ARE a style fairy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking gorgeous!!! I've voted for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments and to those who voted, that was soooo nice of you :) xx x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so lovely!
    http://beautyplethora.blogspot.com.au/
    x

    ReplyDelete