Tuesday 16 October 2012

Interiors Inspiration: Ryan Korban

It quite literally could be love.


There is not one image of Ryan Korban's stunning interiors that I do not love.  I've had my eye on his work for a while, inspiring my own home makeover and being my prime enabler for swapping fashion for furniture.

Known for his love of decadent textures, brass, furs, skins and taxidermy, Ryan's work has all the components of my idea of interior heaven.  Yes, even the creepy stuffed birds.  Despite an old world aesthetic, Korban's designs are definitely not traditional, instead erring on the urban.




Good friends with Alexander Wang, Ryan not only designed his NYC showroom but also his loft apartment.  Mixing fashion, friends and furniture, this guy has true style.

Korban once described his style as a mix of sex, romance and fantasy. "I love that Italian look from the 1970s, when tacky looked expensive."  As vulgar as it may sound to some, I think Ryan and I share a similar taste for design.  While he can execute it to perfection, I simply hope to add a few touches of the  Ryan Korban magic to my own home.





Ryan not only designs a wonderful space but his styling efforts are phenomenal.  Who else do you know who can place a stuffed zebra in a room and have it appear completely normal, just like part of the furniture?!

These spaces are a mixture of the wonderful that I can only dream of but whether it be a zebra print rug, a fur throw or pretty brass candlesticks, I will be sure to take a tip or two from Ryan Korban.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love his work, I can't wait to decorate my apartment!

    http://novellaplace.blogspot.co.nz/

    x

    ReplyDelete