Monday 27 January 2014

Reiss Alma Bag

The dreaded maternity clothes shopping has started and I have to say it absolutely sucks.

There is so little out there that is actually stylish or fashionable in any way for pregnant ladies.  Topshop give it a good bash but it can be a little overpriced, although their jeans are the best I have found.  H&M is only good for leggings and longer length t-shirts in my opinion but who wants to be stuck in leggings for months on end?  New Look, well everything I have found there just looks so mumsy! I know there is a bit of irony in that statement.  Isabella Oliver has some beautiful things but the prices are just ridiculous unless it's for an occasion.

Anyway, I am trying to counteract frumpy maternity clothing through clever use of accessories and that is where the Reiss Alma bag comes in.  I first saw this gorgeous, feisty looking bag on fellow Scottish make up artist' Kirstin's instagram.  She commented that it was the colour of MAC Lady Danger ... and as one of my favourite lip pies ...  I was sold!

This bag is still quite pricey so I had to make sure it was still practical enough for motherhood.  It has a long strap so can be worn over my shoulder or over my arm for a more sophisticated look.  Being able to change it up is great for juggling all that comes with looking after a baby.



 It is made from a lovely soft leather and the gold detailing is so very chic.  There are also adequate pockets inside for phone storage and some extra lippies.   It will also look fabulous while I am on the tourist trail in Paris!

The Alma bag is on sale at the moment in Reiss so grab it while you can!

1 comment: