Wednesday 19 February 2014

Bump Update - Week 25 and a bit

I don't know if bump updates will be a regular feature on the blog although i do love reading and comparing notes on everyone else's bump updates, however, here it goes as a starter for ten ...

How far along?  25 weeks and 5 days 

Total weight gain:  4lbs went on last week! Still shocked by this one - in the early days, I hardly ate a thing but in recent weeks I have been stuffing my face.  Some days I have gone up a couple of lbs but when I check again a day or 2 later I am back down to my original weight - and no there is not something wrong with my scales!  However, as of week 24 the scales have crept up - i expect this to continue with vigour.

Maternity clothes?  I hate them! I have bought a couple of pieces from Topshop that have been alright (their jeans were awful for me) and some things from ASOS which are a hit or a miss.  I am mostly sticking to some bigger sized clothes just now or squeezing into stretchy dresses that were already in my wardrobe.  I have to say I do prefer something very fitted over my bump - anything too smock like makes me feel fat and frumpy! 

Jacket:ASOS
Breton Tunic: Topshop
Glasses: Uniqlo
Bag: Reiss
Lippie: MAC Lady Danger 
Stretch marks? None so far.  I religiously use Bio Oil or Coconut Oil on my tummy, bottom, thighs and boobs! TMI ;) 

Sleep:  I seem to still sleep no problem but occasionally wake super early and can't get back to sleep.  I was extremely exhausted in the first trimester and it seems to keep returning on and off, despite having a lot more energy these days.

Best moment this week:  Feeling my baby move.  I felt I waited a long time for it so to finally feel some somersaults is lovely.  As of Monday, the movement became much more often - i seemed to have missed out on the bubbles/butterflies stage of baby movement. 

Worst Moment This Week:  I spent the weekend in Paris which was absolutely lovely but I soon realised that I wouldn't have the energy or stamina to fit in everything I wanted to.  By the end of the weekend, my feet were in bits and I was walking like I was giving birth in my jeans!! 
Food cravings:  My cravings are quite random and sporadic.  This week, my sweet tooth has really returned and I want creme eggs, however, I mainly crave citrus fruits, baked potatoes and plain old water a lot of the time! 

Miss anything?  I rarely miss alcohol but my husband was enjoying some lovely cocktails in Paris and I was dying to take a swig but I stuck with my mocktail which I am sure was just as divine!  Other than that, I miss runny egg and soldiers and I want pate and smoked salmon all the time.

Movement:  Movement only really started as of week 22/23 but I can feel it getting a little stronger and more frequent which is reassuring that everything seems to be going ok. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  I haven't had pregnancy sickness at all which is really lucky, although I have felt sick through exhaustion in the early stages.  This week, pizza and peppers are making me feel queasy not to mention a strange aversion to the supermarket Lidl, which makes me feel like gagging anytime I am near one. Weird. 

Belly button in or out?  In. 

Happy or moody most of the time?  Pretty happy with a bit of anxiety thrown in.  I do, however, cry at everything - the news, cute puppies, the thought of holding my baby for the first time, movie trailers.  I am an emotional wreck! 

Looking forward to:  More baby movement and our 4D/3D scan which is booked in for early March! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment