Thursday 20 February 2014

Introducing ... Razor Read II

Before there were any thoughts of a baby ... we decided to share our lives, hearts and home with our very own fur baby ... Razor Read II.
Razor at 5 weeks old 
Razor is only 9 months old but he has been with us since he was around 8 or 9 weeks old.  He is a Lachon puppy which is a cross between a Lhasa Apso and Bichon Frise to you and me.

Words cannot describe how much we adore this little one.  He is super friendly, mischievous, cheeky and smart, he is an absolute joy.


Razor was named so, in a bit of a tongue and cheek way as he is pretty fluffy and cute but it was also an old nickname of my husband, Garrath which is where Razor Read II comes in to it.  We thought it would be fun to resurrect it for our pup who is far from being anything fierce or razor like but somehow the name seems to suit him so well.


Before Razor, I wasn't much of a dog person but now I would offer my home to ALL the dogs (if only my husband wasn't allergic to most breeds!).  Even passing a dog in the street, I just want to stop and pet them.  I really do need to get a grip.

Razor even has his own dedicated instagram page and Facebook page.  It's ok, I can hear y'all judging me.  I was prepared for that.


We only hope that he and the baby become the best of friends once he/she arrives.  I am currently reading up on the best way of introducing a pet to your new baby as I don't want Razor to feel jealous or left out but equally he will need to learn his limitations.  So, if any of you are dog owners or other pet owners and have had to introduce your pet to babies/children, please pass on any tips you may have!

Razor is a big boy now! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, he's adorable! I am off to follow him on Instagram.
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete