Wednesday 19 March 2014

Bump Update - Week 29 ... and a bit

My laptop has been out of commission for the last couple of weeks so I haven't had the chance to update my blog as regularly as I would have liked in my new guise as a 'mummy/parent' blogger.  However, the laptop miraculously came back to life today so I thought it was an opportune time to post another bump update.


Dress: Ghost (non maternity)
Watch: Swatch


How far along?  29 weeks and 5 days 


Total weight gain:  In the last 4 weeks my weight gain has gone from a mere 4lb on to a whopping 14lb on!  My appetite hasn't increased greatly so I think thebulk of this must be baby/placenta etc.  I hope. 

Maternity clothes?  I am pretty much alternating the same 3 or 4 outfits and I absolutely detest my Topshop maternity Leigh jeans with both pairs needing pulled up every 5 minutes of wear!  I have ordered some other jeans, tops and dresses from ASOS however, so hopefully it will add a boost to my maternity wardrobe.  My best buys so far have been non maternity clothes from H&M but glide elegantly over my bump without looking frumpy. 

Stretch marks? Still none.  Thanking my lucky stars but don't want to speak too soon! 

Sleep:  I have had a cold and chest infection this week, which has left me unable to sleep for wheezing, coughing and generally sounding like Darth Vadar :( 

Best moment this week:  To be honest, i find most days to be pretty good being pregnant, even despite my chest infection and other ailments.  A highlight of the last couple of weeks has been seeing the nursery come together. If you follow me on instagram, you might have had a sneak peak already. It is getting there bit by bit and I will hopefully be able to show you the finished results shortly. 

Worst Moment This Week:  We transferred to a new hospital this week (more on that in another blog post) and I was given another scan.  Unfortunately, they felt the baby was smaller than would be expected so they want to monitor how things are moving along.  If baby remains underweight/small then I may be placed at high risk for the birth and may have to be induced earlier.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it all falls into place and that option isn't required! 

Food cravings:  Not really craving much but on a sweet tooth note, Cadbury's Flakes are my fave at the moment! 

Miss anything?  I miss not having a cold or cough.  Every 2 weeks I seem to come down with something and in fact the past 3 weekends, I have felt a bit poorly.  Getting back some normality healthwise will be very welcome. 

Movement:  Movement happens a lot just before bed, in the morning and around lunchtime.  It usually comes in the form of a few massive somersaults then some cheeky prods and pokes from baby.  I love it!  

Anything making you queasy or sick:  I went through some queasy days around week 27/28 but it never really came to much.  This week all my coughing and wheezing has made me pretty queasy. 

Belly button in or out?  In. 

Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy happy happy.

Looking forward to:  Feeling better, completing and organising the nursery, and finally getting my hosptial bag packed :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment