Wednesday 19 March 2014

TriBeCa - Glasgow South

I am lucky in that I live pretty close to the recently opened TriBeCa Glasgow South, sister to the West End's original Glasgow TriBeCa.

On the opening weekend, we decided to do brunch with my sister and brother in law to check out our new local.

Previously Leo's, the place has been given a massive makeover, looking a lot fresher, a little bit bigger and heaps cooler.  The atmosphere was also much brighter and relaxed from it's previous get up as Leo's.  From walking past most days since opening, I could see it was pretty busy all of the time but luckily for us my brother in law had managed to grab us a table before we got there so not waiting for these pregnant cankles :)

On offer were delights such as pancakes, french toast, burgers and bagels - all too delicious for words but stupidly I was the one from our party who decided to go with a non descriptive, boring option.  Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with my tuna panini and fries but it just wasn't the choc chip and berries pancake my brother in law ordered or the french toast and maple syrup my husband was tucking into!

Despite my own dud order, I got to sample everyone else's delights.  Perk of being pregnant, people like to feed you.  The pancakes and french toast were amazing and even more to my surprise, the vanilla milkshake was scrumdiddly... I am not normally a milkshake fan.  I am also assured the burgers are to die for, although I didn't sample myself.




Needless to say, I enjoyed it so much and was left craving pancakes for the rest of the week, that Ann from Girl in the City Glasgow and I arranged a little rendez vous the following week.  My second visit wasn't quite as great with my water being missed from my order, no chocolate chip for my pancakes so had to make do with nutella (god forbid), a lack of berries in my berry portion and no glitter or silver balls on my milkshake (these things matter).




Not to mention Ann's order arriving sans bacon initially and had to be sent back.  So, a little disappointing on the second visit which has me wonder was the effort only put in for the opening wow factor and they are already tiring of the crowds?

It certainly doesn't make me want to hurry back but with my maternity leave just around the corner as is TriBeCa to my house, I might find myself hanging out there more often as long as the same little hitches don't continue to occur.

2 comments:

  1. I was wanting to visit, but the menu online looks so overpriced- £7.50 for three pancakes and syrup is fine; but £2.50 for every add-on e.g. chocolate chips etc. If I wanted choc chips, berries and extra maple-syrup, it would be £15 for a simple breakfast dish :-(
    Laura | www.alifewithfrills.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I should have mentioned price point. £2.95 per extra is too expensive although for the £7.50 - the portion size is pretty massive.

    ReplyDelete