Tuesday 21 March 2017

Blink and you'll miss it!

A couple of months ago, I decided I really wanted to blog again.  It's been about 5 years I reckon since I blogged regularly and I miss it.  My old blogging ways have never left me, I am always mentally writing a blog post on subjects that I think would appeal to like minded readers or making lists of things i'd like to blog about, not to mention the high volume of blogworthy images I snap most days but alas, fingertip was never put to keyboard.

It's taken me some time to actually start things off again, life with kids goes so fast - days, weeks and months literally zoom by.  Originally, a beauty/lifestyle blog (some of you may remember me as my alter ego - Saskia), there has been quite a few changes since my last posts - which were about my first pregnancy but were few and far between.  You see, i had well intentions even back then to regularly blog but time was never on my side, what with raising my first (that's right, there is another) baby and having a blast on maternity leave, meeting lots of new friends for me and my baby girl.

So here i find myself today, still with a huge list of things I would like to blog about but a little apprehensive and unsure how to get started so I guess the secret is to just do it!  I am now on baby number 2, another gorgeous baby girl called Ada Charlotte who is 5 months old, while baby number 1, Sylvie, is now in the throes of the terrible twos and soon to be a three-nager.  I could not be happier with my fill, although I might be hankering for a third (don't tell my husband).  Our fluffy, rascal of a dog, Razor is still always by our side.

I am still on maternity leave from my job, and recently I have been considering picking back up on where I left off working part time as a make-up artist.  I am also keen to up my photography game now that I have 2 beautiful subjects.

This is starting to sound a bit like a lonely hearts column or a profile from match.com so i will stop while i am ahead.  Essentially, this is me dipping my toe in the blogging waters again to see if I enjoy it as much as before and if I can be interesting enough to strike up some engagement which would be lovely.

Oh, and apologies for the cringe blog name.  This is the one I used when I stopped beauty blogging and moved onto all things parenthood.  I tried to change it today but blogger wouldn't let me - I wonder if this means I am stuck with it?!!  I have a lot to learn all over again ... bear with me!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment