Friday 24 March 2017

What's in my change bag?

Since I am starting right at the beginning with blogging, I might as well jump on this popular bandwagon.

I never realised how useful these types of posts were until I had to fill a change bag.  Same goes for hospital bags.

It turns out, I am quite the basic bitch when it comes to packing a change bag.  I guess by baby number 2, i am  aware of what i definitely won't use.  Like those milton dummy sanitisers that i carried about and used less than twice! 

Anyway, first off, all hail my beauty of a change bag -  the Jem + Bea Jemima in black.  With baby number 1, I either used an oversized handbag that everything went missing in or latterly, I used a polka dot Kate Spade change bag but it was a little too much on the novelty side of things for my taste. I decided this time around i wanted something more tasteful, hardwearing and utterly lux.  I should mention, it also cost me a pretty penny but i was treating myself to quality this time around.

I chose the Jemima as it was big enough to carry any extras I might need for my bigger girl.   It has 8 pockets, a separate wallet, change mat and bottle bag, plus 2 pockets on the front of the bag, one with an internal mobile phone pocket.  It's perfect for keeping things organised and easy to find at a moments notice. Aesthetically, my favourite thing about it is the gold hardware and the personalised tag I purchased with the girls initials on it.


So what do I carry in my bag?  In the largest main pocket is the changing mat which i use everywhere i go to ensure a sanitary nappy change.  In the 2 second largest pockets I have wipes, nappies and a travel size sudocrem (and some nappy sacks).  I usually take between 3-5 nappies with me wherever I go.  On the opposte side there are 3 smaller pockets where I keep hand sanitizer, tissues and breast pads.  I am exclusively breast feeding, hence the need for breast pads at hand but it has also saved me space on bottles, formula and a flask but all of which could easily be added to to this bag with all of it's contents as is.  In the bottle bag, I usually keep my bigger girl's water cup as it helps keep it cool and also avoids any potential spillages going all over my bag.  I also keep 2 muslins, a large and a small in my bag.  One for wiping or catching spills, puke etc and the other for swaddling or protecting my modesty should i need to breastfeed in public (which I despise doing thanks to the idiots on the planet who find it oh so disgusting!).  I roll these up and store them in my bag as i seem to locate them better this way and i think it saves a bit of space.  In the main middle section of the bag, I keep a change of vest and clothes for baby - usually a babygrow and also some spare pants and vest for my big girl. I also use this section to store any small toys like a rattle and teether.  In the front external pockets I keep my mobile phone, my purse (which is now a tiny little pouch) and usually some sunglasses (wishful thinking).


In the internal separate leather pouch, I keep essentials such as baby calpol sachets, teetha or ashton & parsons sachets, teething gel, elastoplast (star wars edition as pictured!), some baubles for tying my hair up and some lip balm.  In the internal zipped compartment, i keep a pen, a travel size perfume for freshening up, lip liner, lipstick, lipgloss and usually a small snack like raisins, bear claws or barney bears for my big girl. This pocket changes up from time to time so I don't always carry the perfume and the make up bits.

If i need anything more for my bigger girl, then she usually likes to have her own little rucksack with her.

Hope this has helped someone out there.  What do you guys have in your bags? Is there anything i'm missing that you just can't be without?

No comments:

Post a Comment