Tuesday 6 March 2012

Blonde - Classy not brassy!

I have spent the last hour looking for photos of me as a blonde.  Yup, that's right, once upon a time, I turned my back on my Titian roots and attempted to find my inner bombshell.

Unfortunately, no photos are to be found and as much as I loved the blonde it really didn't suit a pale, freckly lass like myself.  I do occasionally still reminisce about my brassy past ... and believe me it was brassy.  Home dyes and cheap salon highlights left my hair looking less than classy.


These days though, home dyes have improved in quality and colour pay off as well as being much kinder to your hair.  If you home colour your hair or are thinking of going blonde using a home dye, check out this Garnier video for Garnier Nutrisse Creme Colour....




Although specifically for blondes, Lyndell Mansfield, hair colour expert for Garnier gives some valuable tips on home dying, specifically for use with Garnier Nutrisse Creme Colour.

1) Apply to resistant areas first (e.g, areas of grey hair)
2) Apply at the root for even coverage.  Garnier Nutrisse Creme Colour comes with a precision nozzle to make this even easier!
3) Leave colour on roots for longer to ensure an even coverage
4) Use a nourishing conditioner afterwards to keep your hair smooth, shiny and in great condition
5) Always buy your home colour in advance of dying as you MUST carry out a skin test first

Hope these tips have been helpful for keeping your blonde classy not brassy! :)

x

1 comment: