Sunday 4 March 2012

Who lives in a house like this ....?

The last 4 weeks have been a little chaotic to say the least.

I'd hardly set foot in the door of my new house before the renovations were kicking off.  Three and a half weeks after it all started, the building work is nearly done and soon it will be time to start decorating.

We decided to avoid hassle further down the line by getting all our work done at the same time so we don't have the disruption in the future.  To sum it up, we have moved our kitchen into  a completely different room, split the original kitchen into 3 separate rooms to create a study, utility room and 'powder room' (downstairs loo to you and me) and a complete makeover of the main bathroom.

While all this has been going on I have had limited internet access, no cooking or washing facilities and a house full of unpacked boxes.  We have managed to get by living out of a bedroom and a small space of couch in the living room.  Needless to say the novelty has started to wear off and we just can't wait to get our house back to really put our own stamp on it.

I plan on posting some before and after photos over the next few months as we manage to finish off rooms but I will leave you with some snippets of my new home through the eyes of Instagram....

The view from my couch until yesterday ..!!

new purchases for the garden :) 

restoring my old singer sewing machine table

one of the gorgeous chandeliers that came with the property

my new bath! 
Drumroll .... here is the first of the before and afters!!  This is what will be my dining room which leads onto the back garden.  I wanted more light in the room and the space to feel bigger. I love the idea of bringing the outdoors in and think that this space will be one of my favourites in the house.

Next project after the house is finished will be Project Green Fingers! The garden needs a serious update.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Ta-da!

These wardrobes came with the house, I am undecided if I should keep them? What do you think?

The bones of my new kitchen - it will be finished this week :) 

I've started filling the cupboards - exciting! 

My new shower area in it's early stages - the full bathroom will be complete this week too! :) 
I will keep on sharing photos in between the usual beauty, fashion, lifestyle posts.  There is so much decorating to do, I am sure it will keep me busy for the foreseeable, so any decor tips, send them my way!  :)

x

8 comments:

  1. so much work to do but its looking great x I love the garden area x
    My godmother used to have those wardrobes when I was little I always used to stroke the cameos for some reason I always uses to think they were so glamourous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deffinitely keep! Love those closets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy (MissisG)4 March 2012 at 14:20

    I absolutely love this post - I love interiors and seeing what others do with theirs. Looks like your new place is going to be stunning...but then I never imagined it would be anything else ;) We put some of those bifold doors into one of our rooms - they're fab aren't they? Very much looking forward to seeing your before and afters. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool.so adorable and shinny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking brilliant! Can not wait to see more! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wheee! it looks amazing! We have the same kitchen units, believe it or not.

    I'm less keen on the wardrobes I'm afraid, I'm not really into the regency style stuff.

    Can't wait to see some more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love what you are doing with the house, it looks fabulous. The little house you got for the garden?! From M&S yeah?! I nearly for the yellow one for a wall in my living room until I can save up for a proper yellow cuckoo clock!!

    Caz x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

    PS I like the wardrobes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're lucky it's been a relatively quick build - imagine living like that for MONTHS :P Your fridge is the same as mine - check my latest blog post: http://www.kaybar007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete