Monday 19 March 2012

Clashing Prints

I spent the weekend 'doon tha toon' ... in Newcastle.  Well, Gateshead to be exact.

Friday was spent with Florence and her Machine ... and what a talented soul she is.  It's my 3rd time seeing Flo and she never disappoints.  I was a little apprehensive about the bigger production of the show to previous gigs but I needn't have worried, I was there for a voice, and a voice is what I got! Oh, and a cape. A stunning, flowing, bejewelled cape.  WANT.

I managed to get some grizzly outfit shots after the gig on our way into town.

Scarf print trousers: Matalan
Heels: Dune
Black top: Zara
Leather Jacket: Esprit
Bag: Mango
Jewellery: Mixture of Topshop, ROX, Links of London

I went for bold scarf print jeans that I picked up (last week) for a snip at £20 from the 'Be Beau' range at Matalan.  I love the colour, print and fit of these jeans.  Probably not the best quality but in my eyes, it's fast fashion, I'm sure in 6 months time I will have no interest in wearing them again so I'd rather spend less.


The clashing red snake-print clutch is a vintage Mango purchase.  Well, that's if you count an 8 year old purchase as vintage.  I do ... ;)  I had my friends give me the okay on the clashing prints as I wasn't sure if it was all a bit too much but they gave the thumbs up and in the end I loved the juxtaposition of both patterns.

What do you think of clashing prints? Do you dare?
x

9 comments:

  1. Love it look really stylish! Are these jeans or trousers?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the prints together! A black purse would take away some of the fun in this look. I sometimes combine different prints, but it's not always easy to find prints that work great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and stylish as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all over a good clashing print. These trousers are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it- right up my street (said in Cheryl Cole accent!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so FIERCE loving this! Glad you had a grea time mrs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well clashed m'lady. I'm a huge fan of clashing prints - just need to master the art myself x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look, I'm rubbish at putting colour/prints etc together and end up playing safe all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit i love the clutch nice clash of prints works well x

    ReplyDelete