Monday 2 April 2012

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow!

A couple of weeks ago, Benefit invited me along to an event in Glasgow to launch it's latest foundation offering - Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow.  Yup, a bit of a mouthful that one.


It was interesting to hear that Benefit as a brand actually started off in Glasgow before spreading throughout the UK, so it seems Scottish shores have a special meaning for the company.  That aside, we were given a demo of the new foundation by the wonderful Head Artist, Lisa - which in a change to Benefit's regular line, is a liquid foundation.  This excited me, I pretty much only use liquid or 'wet' foundations so to speak so I was looking forward to giving it a go.



Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow comes in more shades than what Benefit normally offer with 9 shades varying in light, medium and dark.  I was matched to 'I'm so money ... honey' which is just about right for me when I am fake tanned.  It is said to provide a light to medium coverage, is oil free and contains an SPF25.

It comes in a frosted clear bottle which is handy for keeping tabs on your supply and it has an absolute godsend for all foundations - an application pump! Honestly, all foundation packaging should come with a pump.  As a foundation liquid, it is quite runny in consistency which I usually associate with low coverage and reduced wear time.


Despite my initial reservations, I have actually fallen in love with this foundation.  Personally I feel it's coverage leans more on the medium side as opposed to light but this is ideal for what I am after.  It is easy to apply with tools or with your hands and creates a soft, subtle dewiness to the skin without making it look greasy or oily.  It gives a natural, fresh glow to the skin.  It blends beautifully and from what I have noticed there is little to no fragrance.  For me, it lasts a full day of work with no touch ups at all although I can't be certain this will be the same for all skin types (I am normal/combination fyi).

My only negative is the SPF properties creates a little bit of flashback with the camera but not enough to stop me wearing on a night out.  I think its a wonderful spring/summer foundation for those of us who hate to go without a base even in warmer weather.

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow is available now priced at £24.50

x

7 comments:

  1. Your skin looks beautiful! You are glowing missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds nice actually xD haha xx

    www.MrAJBx3.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look flawless as ever. I'm a bit intrigued by this foundation. I never think of Benefit for foundation but this sounds interesting and I really like the look of the packaging. Shallow much?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to see a review on this product for ages so thank you.

    Your skin is absolutely gorgeous.
    Think I might have to check out this product now xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've been wearing MAC Studio Fix powder for about 10 years but finding that now I'm on the wrong side of 30, it's sitting in my 'fine lines' and making me look older. Was considering switching to a liquid. Think I'll give this a go. I'm a total convert to Porefessional, so hopefully Hello Flawless will be as good to me as it is to you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, I'm looking forward to swatching it in store to see if they have a shade that matches me!

    ReplyDelete