Wednesday 4 April 2012

Sun Therapy

Having just bought our first proper house together, the Mister and I had resigned ourselves to the fact that we may have to forego a holiday this year, something we pretty much live for.  However, enough is enough and we have already started looking around for some cheap holiday deals.

Last week we had glorious weather that stunned us all (especially up here in Glasgow), the sun was beating down most days and there were sunburn marks all round, ouch! This week however, we have had rain, hail, sleet and snow and it has just reaffirmed to me how much I need a holiday.

Despite all our money being invested in the house, it's renovations and now the hard slog of decorating ... I hope I can find a cheap holiday deal that will have me jetting off for a bit of sun, relaxation and snoozy, lazy days.

My first thought is of Spain.  My husband used to live there and we absolutely love the laid back, colourful culture.  For a chilled out week away I would love to go back to Barcelona.  Eating delicious tapas and drinking a refreshing cerveza, watching the world go by ... bliss!




Ultimately I think I would quite like  return to Ibiza this year.  Perfect for the party girl (and party boy) in me and my husband but likewise caters to our need for some serious chillaxing!  Ideal for me to dance about in the sun with neon nails and feathers in my hair :)


Sitting wrapped up on the couch just now, I am taking comfort in the hope of finding myself a cheap deal so I can look forward to a cheeky wee sunny holiday :)

Do you have holidays booked? Where are you off to this year? Go on, make me jel! ;)

x

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to my grand parents :/ nothing exciting...

    munchmecat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to Devon with my boyfriend, not that exciting but it will be our first holiday together :)


    twoapplepies.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for ya, renovations must be hard work and hard going on bank balances! REALLY hope you get away though, never been to Ibiza or Barcelona but both sound and look wonderful;) We are hoping to maybe adventure to Thailand but it is a maybe so keep your fingers crossed!

    Caz x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @C.A.R that sounds lovely - I'm sure they will make sure you are pampered :) x

    @chloeamanda Oh how lovely and romantic! I hope it's a great first holiday together x

    @Carol Majorly hard going on the old bank balance but i'm sure it will all be worth it. Thailand is amazing, you will love it there! Def have my fingers crossed for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bo and i are away on our hols this year....the boys first time on a plane. we're looking for somewhere that isn't offensively expensive but gets me my sun hit, and paul his wee bit of local culture. and suggestins k? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the hope of getting a sunny break somewhere. We're going to NYC in December and thought that would satisfy my holiday needs but that blast of good weather made me realise how much I'll miss a sun holiday this year. Boo. Hope you get a nice trip somewhere x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this blog, also just bought our first house, but hoping to go to Italy in September after the schools go back.

    ReplyDelete