Thursday 19 April 2012

Supermarket Beauty

I notoriously hate supermarkets.  I avoid having to visit them at all costs and on the rare occasion I do have to go I usually strop about, whining like a 3 year old!

However, there are 2 supermarkets that I never turn down a visit to - Aldi and Lidl.  I just love them, I think the smaller layout and potential for finding a bargain attracts me.  Lidl mayonnaise is hands down the best I've tasted and I love finding oddly named products from home and away ... Disco Biscuits, anyone?! ;)

It's no secret that their beauty aisles also hold some hidden gems for bargain prices and on my most recent visits I picked up some bargain nail care that I thought you would all love to know about!

First up, from Lidl ... is the fabulous Cien nail polish remover.  Blue in colour and quite a pungent scent, don't let this put you off.  It comes with the perfect dispenser for pushing your cotton pad on with just the right amount being dispensed. It also removes nail polish quickly and effortlessly even glitter polish! It really is one of the best removers I have used in a long time! From memory I think this product only cost around the £3 - brilliant value.



My second purchase is from Aldi's Lacura Beauty range.  I was in between nail polishes and spotted this easy DIY French Manicure Set.  It comes with a white nail tip pen and clear top coat.  All you do is swipe the pen along the top of your nail, allow to dry and apply topcoat. Voila! (see my shoddy attempt below).


Only problem I had was difficulty getting my right hand to look neat as I am not too nifty with a pen in my lefty!  I'm sure it was £3.59 and so far the pen still hasn't dried out which is always a bonus with this type of product.


I'll definitely be spending more time in the beauty aisles the next time I go to Aldi and Lidl and it may even encourage me to start braving bigger supermarkets.  What fabulous bargain beauty products have you found in the supermarket?

x

3 comments:

  1. OWwww!! I can now honestly say I love you! I've been in love with Cien products since Lidl first came to Greece and noone seemed to agree..! Everyone says that cheap=low quality, but that's really not true this time! I'm glad I finally found someone who understands me! ^^

    I also adore Cien moisturising body cream which is the second best I tried after Nivea-at least for my skin-and Lidls make up brand Suhada.
    I've never tried other beauty products from supermarkets but I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm quite satisfied from Carrefours clothing brand Tex.

    P.s sorry for the long post, blame my enthusiasm! I've been reading ur blog lately and I find myself a bit addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the nail polish remover acetone free? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. More things for me to add to the shopping list! Thanks for sharing your bargain finds! x

    ReplyDelete