Monday 23 April 2012

The H&M Blazer and a new kind of Ombre

I have always felt a little too chunky to carry off the boyfriend blazer trend but a shopping trip to H&M a few weeks ago had me changing my mind.

I guess it's not a boyfriend blazer in the traditional sense but it is far less structured and fitted than my normal choice of blazer.  It hangs quite lose over the body with relaxed rolled up sleeves and loose roomy pockets.  For £19.99 (*i think*) it was too much of a snip to miss out on.  

Because it's a creamy off-white, I do feel I need to be tanned up to carry it off well but it's such a versatile jacket that can be worn with anything - proof of this is the fact I haven't had it off my back since I bought it.  

Case in point ... 
Super casual, t-shirt (Marc Jacobs), Scarf (Warehouse), jeans (unseen), trainers (unseen)

Smart Casual for a spot of shopping.  Vest (H&M), Necklace (Topshop), Wax look trousers (H&M), Snake Print bag (Mango), Studded pumps (unseen) 

Dressed up with a sequin cape for a quick makeover to take me into the evening.  Cape (Topshop), Vest (H&M), dark blue jeans (Primark), stilettos (unseen)

I also decided to bring back the ombre this week but a much more subtle version courtesy of the wonderful Stacie, whose blog you can read here.  It gives a much more sunkissed appearance than my first foray into Ombre but I will probably take it a few shades lighter on my next visit to see Stacie.  

A more natural red/auburn dye with bleached ombre weaved into the ends 
I am absolutely loving the new hair and have been wearing it in a middle parting more often just for a change.  My hair has also grown so long, at last there is so much I can do with it! :) 

What item of clothing are you obsessing over at the moment? 

x

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love H&M! I just found a gold sequin sweatshirt I forgot I bought in my closet. Need to figure out how to style it!

    You should link this up to #WhatIWore this week!

    (PS: Do you know you've got captcha turned on on your blog?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So in love with that blazer & sequence effect.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking gorgeous as always m'dear. I have that blazer in dusky pink, got it last summer but still find myself wearing it loads.

    Caz x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking the jacket, I've been looking at a white blazer in Topshop that's £70 so might hve to make a visit to H&M first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. White is my favorite colorful as usual!! Love the blazer!!!
    If you are a chic fans, you can also go on a journey in here: ray ban sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look amazing! That blazer is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never get away with that blazer in a million years but it looks amazing on you! And so versatile too. Loving the updated ombre look! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the jacket accessorised with that amazing gold sequinned cape - it looks stunning!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the jacket really suits you I really like it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete