Friday 15 April 2011

Nivea Soft

In my last Nivea post I mentioned that my favourite day moisturiser is Nivea Soft.  I wear it everyday without fail using it as a replacement for a primer.  It is rich enough to re-hydrate my skin and light and easily absorbed enough to be worn under make up without it slipping off or causing oiliness.  It contains Jojoba oil and Vitamin E leaving skin feeling supple, smooth and refreshed.

Even though I love this moisturiser, even I was unaware of it's popularity - it's Nivea's best selling worldwide product with 13 sold every minute in the UK alone!

So, it was pretty exciting when 3 tubs of Nivea Soft arrived on my doorstep one morning.  I go through tubs of these like there is no tomorrow (it's also a body moisturiser so I end up using a LOT of this product).


My new arrivals weren't just any old Nivea Soft, these were limited edition packaged as designed by fashion designer Josep Font.  Known for his avant-garde pieces,  Josep's Nivea designs were inspired by his haute couture collections and were designed with the objective ...'the beauty creation'.

There are 3 limited edition designs:

  • Estella - inspired by expressionist sculptor Frank Stella depicting the eyes of a fantastical female figure flash through a kaleidoscope of shapes and colours
  • Sea - motif of a mermaid wearing a turban of starfish
  • Dreams - evokes a mysterious night time world
If like me, you are a sucker for chic packaging, you can get these lovely limited edition tubs from April to July at an RRP £6.59

x

4 comments:

  1. These look really nice, Nivea Soft is my fav moisturiser too. I need more too so shall pick one of these up! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with Nivea and purchased almost every product available over the years. I am also using Nivea cream as a moisturizer, but I'm using pink Rich Cream for Face with SPF 15, which protects my face nicely against sun. It blends wonderfully with my Revlon Beyond Natural Skin Matching Foundation. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using Nivea Soft. I actually bought it to moisturise my tattoo, but am thinking I might try it as a face moisturiser too.

    I had no idea it was that popular either! I just picked it up because I know Nivea are a good brand, and it was a really good price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this blog post by Googling Nivea Soft- I bought it a couple of weeks ago at the supermarket (in NZ) because it was only $8, and it's been so, so good! Even better than the $25 primer I used to use, and in a bigger tube too. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone rave about it before.

    ReplyDelete