Monday 1 February 2010

MUFE Smoky Lash Mascara

I hadn't really read any reviews on this mascara when I decided to buy it in Sephora on a little visit to Barcelona before Christmas.

The name in itself was enough to encourage me - Smoky Lash. It conjurs up an image of dark, sultry, sexy, mysterious lashes... but the reality didn't quite match the expectation.

This mascara claims to lengthen, curl and volumise whilst being intensely pigmented.



Hmmm, no, not quite. It is very pigmented but instead of luscious, full on lashes, MUFE smoky lash left me with flaking, dry, heavy lashes! Not good.

The mascara applies really clumpy and messily on the lash - even when you wipe any excess beforehand. When it dries it feels heavy on your lashes to the point where you want to rub it off your eyes. After a couple of hours you will probably want to start picking at the clumps of mascara which in turn just causes more flaking. At no point in the day can I look in the mirror without finding dry mascara excess somewhere on my face.

If you want to look polished this is not the mascara for you, its not even suitable for carrying off a really smoky eye as it just looks a bit dirty, dried out and slept in! I literally look like I have just woken up from a heavy night on the vodka jellies wearing this!

However, some girls do like a very layered clumpy lash, almost spider like, in this case it may still be worth trying but as for me, I will be steering clear of this mascara.

Anyone else tried it? What do you think?

x

4 comments:

  1. I love it, but only when layered over Max Factor Fase Lash Effect. I find the latter helps separate out my lashes and give them good definition, and the Smoky Lash gives them some real Ooomph. By itself I'm not such a fan, but I think it's fantastic when used over another mascara, particularly one of the rubber-bristled ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my HG mascara. It makes my lashes voluminous all day and doesnt flake for me. I adore it. Unfortunately it had sold out at IMATS. Boooo!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this mascara, but I don't know if I would rebuy it. Some days it looks amazing, and others it just clumps up and looks a mess. I feel very much love/hate towards it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried it, appreciate the review! X

    ReplyDelete