Monday 1 February 2010

Dreaming of home ....

So after another failed attempt to sell our flat, I am feeling all dewy eyed over yet another delay in us finally being able to secure a new home :(

*Sigh*

I shouldn't torture myself ...



Black Doors! I love a black glossy front door. I think they are so chic and a little mysterious!





A relaxing lounge with calming, neutral tones and best of all Sheepskin!! Love! So retro, so cosy, so lush!



I adore these framed silhouettes. I can imagine one day filling a whole space above the fireplace with silhouettes of my whole family :)



I've always had a bit of an obsession with dressing mannequins (i know there is a correct name for them but i forget). I have never owned one but often eye them up on ebay from time to time, hopefully if i get a big enough dressing room in the new place, it can be a welcome addition to drape jewels and beautiful fabrics over.

Fingers crossed, we have better luck this month!

x

6 comments:

  1. So sorry it's fallen through. Those are beautiful images. Sad that when I look at those beautiful white rooms all I can think about is how quickly the kids would trash them!! We have a lot of white walls that really need repainting thanks to sticky fingers!

    Do you follow interior design blogs or use specific websites for your inspiration? You always find such lovely pics and I'm after some ideas but haven't had much luck looking online.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the sale didn't work out. Love all those photos, love the idea of using silhouettes of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such lovely photos!
    it makes me want to buy a house just so i can design & decorate it :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @loveaudrey There are some interior design blogs i follow and also agencies that hire homes to tv production companies ... some of those are fab! i will need to try and do a wee post sharing the interiors love so you can see where i get the inspiration from. ooh and Living Etc website is good too - im addicted to buying the magazine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't laugh, but I used to have a manniquin thing in my bedroom and I wanted to dress it up etc too. But on a night I was scared of it!! I know that sounds ridiculous but I was, and I ended up taking it apart every night! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Girl With the Golden Touch, Lol! That sounds exactly like something i would do! It would probably freak me out xx

    ReplyDelete