Monday 10 September 2012

Lolly's of London

A few month's back I was looking for an affordable and original christening gift for my friend's new beautiful baby girl, Daisy.

I didn't want to go down the usual route of collectable silverware dummies, building blocks or teddy bears but still wanted something that held sentimental value and would become a treasured and beautiful keepsake.

I have met and got to know many wonderful and talented people via my blog/twitter and Laura who owns Lolly's of London is one of them (albeit we have never met).  Laura makes gorgeous, personalised, handcrafted gifts with a unique twist that was just perfect for the gift I was looking for.



There are a number of gorgeous pieces available at Lolly's of London but I decided to go for a handpainted canvas with Daisy's name that comes with it's own dinky bottle of Farrow & Ball paint so baby's hand and footprints can be added later at home.
Seriously, how cute?




My canvas arrived perfectly packaged with care instructions included.  Laura handcrafts all of the products herself using Farrow & Ball paint as her brand of choice.  The bonus of this is it is kind on baby's skin for creating the all important, and cute as heck, paw prints.

I am pleased to say Daisy and Mummy loved their new canvas which takes pride of place in the nursery.  You can check out Lolly's of London here.

1 comment: