Friday 14 September 2012

Wild About Beauty

Last week I went along to the Debenhams autumn/winter press launch in Glasgow.

Debenhams always put on a lovely spread for their guests and they are great at showcasing the talent from their store with the likes of Henry Holland, Pearce Fionda, Betty Jackson and Matthew Williamson to name a few.

I especially love their homeware displays that always leave me making mental wish lists for my home!



This September, Debenhams add another famous name, this time to their beauty hall, with Louise Redknapp jumping on board with her brand new and ever so gorgeous make up brand.

I have to be honest, the celebrity name didn't entice me to these products at all, in fact, a celebrity backing would normally make me a little cynical of the brand.  However, Louise was on hand herself to demonstrate how some of her new products work and I have to say, I really can't wait until this brand hits the stores at the end of the month so I can try for myself.

Wild About Beauty is a collaboration between Louise Redknapp and make up artist Kim Jacob.  As well as the reasonable mid price range, the ethos behind the products are that they are quick and easy to use for women on the go. Whether that be a busy mom or a pushed for time career girl.  Louise mentioned she has never been much of a glitter fan so the colours and textures you will find in her brand lean to a natural, flawless finish rather than overly made up, however, they are versatile enough to be able to create a dramatic look if you so wish.  Wild About Beauty is all about creating that inner glow that radiates health, happiness and natural beauty.



Louise herself was absolutely lovely and seemed really passionate about her products, especially with 2 young boys running around.  It means she has products that are quick and easy to apply even when she is rushing about on the school run.  For those of you wondering, she is just as gorgeous in real life as on TV.  She has a chic, sophisticated presence and is so petite ... you could fit her in your purse.

The must have products for me are the concealer sets which remind me a lot of Bobbi Brown concealer and also her sheer cream bronzing product 'Golden Skin Glow' which I think will give a gorgeous healthy glow to any complexion.

Wild About Beauty hits Debenhams stores at the end of September with Glasgow Debenhams being the first to carry the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment