Thursday 13 September 2012

Spray Sun

Back in June, I told you about my 'spraycation' courtesy of St Tropez - a St Tropez pop up located at a nearby shopping centre, where they had set up a one stop tan topping destination.  In other words, a spraycation.

With beach huts for spray tanning and bathing loungers set up for people to relax in and find out more about St Tropez, it was a fun idea and certainly helped me forget about the constant rain and lack of summer we have had north of the border!
Spraycation gossip
I always wear fake tan in some form, I just can't bare my pasty, freckly skin that is the subject of much mocking even in these celtic climes.  I love a spray tan and although St Tropez was one of the first self tanners I ever tried back in my popping the tanning cherry days, I have never been professionally sprayed by them, so this was a first.

I was made to feel at ease by a lovely 'celeb' tanner (who kept tight lipped about her clients) who directed me throughout the tanning process to ensure I left with a flawless, smooth, brown as a berry complexion.  After donning some paper knickers and pulling a some undignified poses, it was time for me to take a few minutes to dry off and inspect my tan in the privacy of my beach hut/booth.
My tanning hut
My tan looked lovely and didn't smell too bad either, although the next morning my bedroom did smell of soggy biscuits, I won't lie.  My only complaint is it takes a little longer to dry in comparison to other spray tans I have had.  I feared dressing back into my clothes in case it smudged the tan so I literally dashed home once I was done to slip into something more floaty and comfortable.

It seems I needn't have worried as the next morning I woke up to a flawless tan that looked natural and healthy.  It even lasted the full week and faded naturally, leaving no dark shadows or areas of product build up on my skin. Win!
My new must have tanning product

It has rekindled my affection for St Tropez as their tanning formula has evolved quite a bit from it's humble beginnings.  So much so that the St Tropez Self Tan Spray has become a staple in my tanning cabinet.  Yes... I do have a tanning cabinet.  I use the spray to give a healthy glow to my face and also top up my hands and feet with it.  It is less likely to cause streaking and only a very light spray is required.  It is a little pricey at £20 or so for a bottle but it does last quite a while if you are only using it for the occasional top up.

Do you have a favourite spray tan brand?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look amazing. I would love for something like this to come to my town! xo

    ReplyDelete