Monday 24 September 2012

Roman Holiday ... what's in my suitcase?

At last I am on holiday ...!

After the busiest few weeks ever in work, it's now time to unwind.  Of course, my holidays had to start with me getting a stinking cold, oh joy!  However, I still have time to try and recover in time for my trip to Rome tomorrow.


The only downside to this Roman holiday is that we point blank refused to pay the budget airline any extra for checking in luggage.  I mean, come on ... £50 to check in 15kg? You are having a laugh.

My scrooge-like wisdom has left me with the problem of squeezing in all I need for 4 days and nights into a neat and compact 10kg bag.

Rome at this time of year is still fairly warm with the nights a little cooler.  The plan was to pack a few pairs of shorts and tops for daytime but again, me and my silly ideas .... after a ruthless wardrobe detox, I have managed to throw out all my 'city appropriate' shorts! TUT!  Aah I could kick myself.  That's what happens when summer decides to not show up in Scotland!

I have tried to create a capsule wardrobe, sticking with a colour scheme of mainly blue and black that can be mixed and matched as I see fit.  Some grainy pics below will give you an idea of what I am going for ...
L-R: Blue H&M blouse; H&M vest; cream Primark blouse; Black Zara shoulder pad top


L-R: Warehouse floral trousers; H&M graphic trousers; Warehouse Maxi skirt; Reiss pleated dress

L-R: Marc by Marc Jacobs flip flops; Reiss wedge boots;Topshop wedge sneakers

Accessories:  Raybans, pashmina, sunhat, mango clutch, necklace, cuffs, glasses

L-R: Mango blazer; Esprit leather jacket



All this and I am still under 10kg ... JUST.  It is do-able after all!  Even my make up bag is severely pared down with some foundation samples, eyeliner, bronzer, blush and red lippie. 

All that is left now is to do a little reading on what is sure to be a wonderful city and make sure to pack my camera.  

Next time you hear from me, I will have eaten my weight in pizza and will be cultured out of my nut with any luck ;) 


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I always try to pack as light as possible but always struggle.
    Have a wonderful time in Rome, very jealous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo jealous! I would love to wonder around Rome pretending I'm Audrey Hepburn! I could NEVER only pack 10k though. You are a brave lady! x

    ReplyDelete