Tuesday 16 August 2011

Getting my ROX on with David Coulthard

Last Thursday I was invited along to a special event held in ROX Jewellers in Glasgow.

Scotland's very own David Coulthard was in town to launch his special edition watch for TW Steel.   I let my husband tag along, a self titled watch connoiseur, he was in his element browsing the vast collection of watches and getting to see up close and personal the David Coulthard special edition watch.

Greeted by an F1 racing car parked outside the store, a glamorous evening awaited, set in the sumptuous Thrill Room of ROX, Argyle Arcade.  We were treated to a DJ, F1 themed interactive games,  F1 girls, overflowing Moet as well as French Martinis and platters of sushi.

David was interviewed on stage by Lee McKenzie, F1 commentator, another Scottish export.  Their rapport with each other was fantastic which made for an enjoyable interview - probably one of the most endearing presentations of a celeb/sportsman I have seen or hear at any event.  David came across very approachable as he later mingled with the crowd and words can't describe how beautiful his wife is.



While my husband ogled the watches, I was more interested in Rox own line of accessories, specifically their beaded charm bracelets which I am growing quite a collection of.

A sophisticated evening was topped off with pizza and beer on the way home.  I'm all class!

x

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee! I passed him on the street last week with the car and the girls, did wonder why he was there.

    Caz x
    www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE DC!! Very jealous of you seeing that jawline in the flesh lol xo

    http://septembersparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete