Monday 8 August 2011

Navajo Inspired

Usually it's around this time of year I start going a little tribal with my wardrobe.

I would love to get away with Native American inspired blanket ponchos and knitwear but it just doesn't suit me so summer time is when I get the feathers and fringes out to accessorise my look.  I love the effortless laid back vibe that suits this time of year.

I adapt it to my own personal style and of course what suits my body shape and so on ... think Jessica Rabbit meets Pocahontas! ;)

I picked up some lovely accessories this month that I will be sure to team with the plethora of fringed tops and dresses that adorn my wardrobe.



 The dreamcatcher necklace and feather earrings are both from H&M.  I can't remember the prices but both were under £10 ... well under it i'm sure.
I have been watching some dreamcatcher necklaces on eBay for a while now but popping into my local H&M was an easier option although the ones I have been watching are a lot bigger and more colourful so maybe I will buy them at some point.


This gorgeous ring is from Topshop which I picked up in their sale.  I guess it can't really be descibed as navajo or tribal but it goes well with my other jewellery.

I still have a huge wishlist (mostly ASOS since I am permanently broke these days) of native inspired pieces I would love to pick up.  Payday is right around the corner so I will have to choose wisely but I will also look to find what pieces from my own wardrobe can be adapted to suit.




Paprika playsuit - ASOS





Suedette Fringe Leggings - ASOS 




Rare Fringe Dress - ASOS




American Gold Fringe Kimono - ASOS




H&M


I'm afraid I have no link for the last jumpsuit other than the stock photo - I bought this back in February and after wearing it constantly for the first month of purchase (a habit of mine after I buy anything new) ... it has now been left hanging in my wardrobe but it's time to dig it back out.  

There is really only a tiny bit of summer left before the autumn/winter season kicks in ... I am so excited for my winter wardrobe this year ... I will be sure to share it with you! 

x

5 comments:

  1. Really like the Navajo style reminds me of visiting the Grand Canyon! Cant wait to see some of your AW wardrobe inspiration xo

    http://www.septembersparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first playsuit - seems the one I oculd most easily adapt into my style!

    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post- I love this style too :) Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have become addicted to dreamcatcher necklaces over the last month or so and I have one from H&M too, always forget how good it is for accessories...

    Caz x
    www.mystylisms.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete