Tuesday 30 August 2011

Zen Lifestyle

A couple of weeks ago I was invited along to gorgeous Zen Lifestyle at Teviot Place in the Edinburgh.  Zen Lifestyle have a few salons around the city and have a wonderful reputation and numerous awards under their belt.



I went along to find out why ...

I was booked in for hot stone massage and shellac manicure, something I had been dying to try out.  My therapist for the day was the gorgeous Katie (who has the most perfect skin ever!).

I have visited a lot of spa's recently and have tried various treatments but the hot stone massage is the one I keep coming back to.  Let me tell you, the hot stone massage I received at Zen is one of the best I have experienced - it was absolute bliss!

This may all be thanks to Katie who used just the right amount of pressure and worked gently on my problem areas.  What impressed me most was the after advice given.  Usually I have my hour massage, I may get advised of some problem areas from the therapist but there is never really a solution.  However, Katie made sure to let me know of certain exercises I could do to help ease pain and discomfort in my back as well as some yoga techniques to ease tight/stress areas.  And the techniques she advised, really do help!

After my massage, I went upstairs to have my nails shellac'd and have a good gossip with Katie.  A joy to chat too and she also did a fantastic job on my nails.  Queue  blurry photo ...



I also had to quiz Katie about her flawless skin.  It seems she is one of the lucky ones who nature has been ever so kind to but she does owe some of it to the advice and products of Dr Murad, which is stocked at Zen Lifestyle.

Thanks to Zen Lifestyle and Katie for such a lovely, self indulgent day :)

x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely nails! Cant beat a wee Shellac, that colour is really pretty xo

    http://septembersparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice nails, very pretty colour.

    I really like Murad products, so much so, that I booked myself in for a Murad facial - which I have on Sunday. Can'tw ait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear positive client feedback after a treatment, I think that is such a confidence boost for the therapist. The Shellac sounds great, maybe try some nail art next time?

    ReplyDelete