Saturday 3 September 2011

The iPhone Diaries ...

It has been a struggle to dedicate time to blogging this week, I have been too busy setting up my business website, facebook, twitter, arranging and buying more goodies for  my kit and taking on board all the advice from Sam and Nic after completing the Pixiwoo intensive training.

I am dying to tell you all about it and about my transition to working as a make up artist as it's been on the cards for a long time and something I have actively pursued over the last 10 years but simply hadn't had any formal training or the guts to actually pursue it as a career.

Anyway instead of yabbering on, here's a peek at what I have been getting up to recently through the eyes of my i-phone ...


A bit of chunky bling from Primarni ... I quite liked that it was tacky with a mix of feminine and masculine shapes and material.  Sometimes you have to place tongue firmly in cheek when it comes to accessories.


Airport shopping, on my way home from Norwich I had a bit of a boring wait at Stansted Airport (that was until Danny Dyer ended up on my flight! Schwing!) .  I amused myself at MAC, Mulberry and my favourite but overpriced All Saints.  I was lucky, it was sale time, I picked up a maxi kaftan for my upcoming trip to Morocco :) 


I tried these wedges on in All Saints.  Loved them but didn't purchase.  Regret.


Yoo Moo! Something else Stansted had me hooked on.  I had never had this brand of frozen yoghurt where you fill your cup add some toppings, weigh then pay ... bit like pic'n'mix.  It was delicious and I've been craving it ever since I got home.  Is Yoo Moo available in Glasgow?  If you know, inform me! 


A somewhat shameful purchase.  A 'fake' bag!!!  I feel dirty to even admit it.  But you know, the Celine Boston Tote is somewhere in the region of £2k and it would take me until 2020 to a) save up for it b) justify that gut wrenching cost on a bag.  So, with the help of eBay I picked myself up a real leather version for £50.  Feel free to judge.



Aaah Chanel D'Illusion Ombres.  Everyone is raving about them, me included.  The latest souffle like eye cream/shadow/mousse from Chanel come in an array of metallic shades and are part of their permanent line.  I used some on the Pixiwoo course last week and loved them so picked up Epatant this week.  I did a bit of midnight make up experimenting and I can safely say it is beautiful worn alone (bottom pic) but also does a wicked job of creating a dark, dramatic smokey eye when layered and blended with a darker shade (top pic).  In this case I used MAC blackground.  Think I may go for this smokey look tonight.

In other news, this time next week, I will be flying to Morocco so I need to get myself organised and packed.  I am planning on taking minimal make up but not sure I can kid myself on by trying to downsize on the wardrobe.   I also got my first DSLR this week - the Canon EOS 600D.  I am still learning how to use it but hopefully you will see much better quality images here from now on.

Hope you are all having a fun weekend!!

x

7 comments:

  1. Love the bag, I dont judge. She shouldnt design such beautiful bags and then make them so inaccessible. its just not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Yoo Moo so much! I've never heard of it being in Glasgow but if you find out that it is please let me know! Fat free and doesn't taste like it - it's a winner!
    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this post - so much exciting stuff coming up for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mcaryoust not buy more chanel goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't judge fake bags, if you want it really bad! :) And sometimes just the shape, colour and everything works with you perfectly! :)

    HUGE congrats on the job front!!! OMG that's so exciting! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, link to the bag on ebay?! looks amazingly like the real thing! good find! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just came across your blog by chance. Love what I've read so far. I'll be checking back regularly.

    Check out my blog when you get time.

    http://iwasanuglyduckling.blogspot.com

    I like the bag and to be honest why not buy the fake one for £50. It's not gut wrenching but looks the same.

    It's not like your trying to make out it's real either!

    Amelia <3

    ReplyDelete