Sunday 25 September 2011

Getting Inked!

I make no secret of it that I would love a tattoo but can't decide where to get it or what to get.

On one hand I would like something quite bold in a very obvious place but on the other hand I worry about future employment prospects (a tattoo-ed face may not be the image a business wants to portray) and I do think it would be 'safer' to have it somewhere that could be hidden if needed (i.e, in front of Mummy & Daddy!!).

I got to dip my toe in the water so to speak while in Marrakech with a henna tattoo.  Marrakech is awash with women offering henna designs with some of them even glittered and look absolutely stunning.   I adore henna designs and it just happens to be one of the designs I had considered for a potential tat.  I quite like the idea of having my hand done so asked the artist to create me something gorgeous.  She initially tried me with red henna (original) but it didn't show up on my skin oddly enough, so she went with black.


I absolutely loved the result and after having it on for over a week now, I could definitely live with a hand tattoo so it's certainly food for thought.

x

6 comments:

  1. Henna is a great way to experiment with tattoos. Your hand is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same I like tattoos but don't have a clue what to have done, I thought of having 3 stars down the side of my hand. Your henna looks nice, a good way to see if you like it or not xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design, henna is amazing! you just have to be careful with black henna when abroad as they sometimes use chemicals that scar the skin but yours seems fine! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beeeeyoutiful! I'm allergic to henna, otherwise I'd be getting my hands all mehndi'd up too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember spotting the henna at Social Media week and thinking it was beautiful. Was actually curious as to whether it was real or not. But I agree with visable tattoos. I have nothing against facial tattoos but I know so many people view those who do have them negatively. I'm planning my first tattoo right now but the plan is to have it on my ribs (even though it's the sorest place) so it's out of sight and if I regret it no one has to know. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments :)
    @stylefrost yes i had heard this too. I got it done at the airport where I assume everything is above board but my skin has been fine. WIll besure to watch out in future tho xx

    ReplyDelete