Sunday 25 September 2011

Jessica GELeration at the Rainbow Rooms

Before I jetted off to Morocco, I was in desperate need of a good manicure and pedicure, specifically gel.  I knew I could rely on gel nails for my holiday as the finish is so groomed and the results last for up to 2 weeks.

I rather jammily ended up being sent to the Rainbow Rooms for their Jessica GELeration mani/pedi.  I was looked after by Alison who kept me amused for the 2 hours as well as convincing me to have a wax at the end of the treatments but that's another story!!
Confident Coral

Jessica GELeration is applied exactly like Shellac as all gel nails are, it's just the branding and colour range that differs.  I went with 'Confident Coral' on my hands and a dark wine shade on my toes, I'm afraid I can't remember the name.

I apologise profusely for this picture!!
Confident Coral is an utterly gorgeous, vibrant shade and was just perfect for a week in the sun.  As much as I can't really tell any real difference between GELeration and Shellac, I did feel the quality of GELeration was slightly better and it seems to have lasted slightly longer but this could be down to a number of factors including not having to do any washing up or cleaning for a week while on vacation!

Prices start at £42 for Jessica GELeration at the Rainbow Rooms.  Expensive but very pretty.

Do you have a preference in Gel nails?

x

4 comments:

  1. I had Confident Coral on my fingers and toes when I went away this summer. I've only had the Jessica gel nails so have nothing to compare them to but I was very impressed, they lasted for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this gel thing. My nails are always chipping. I hate that! Love that coral color and the dark one too! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had both Jessica and Shellac and I definitely prefer Jessica. I thought it lasted longer and was a nicer finish. plus i thought it made my nails grow longer and stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post, I didn't know anything about this gel shenanigans but I'm off on holibags in two weeks and this is exactly what I'm after. I hate waiting for my nails to dry and hate it even more when they chip...I think this can be considered a justified holiday expense! :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete