Monday 8 November 2010

Bright , Bold, Beautiful

This autumn/winter I am loving bright, bold lips.

From Mac Impassioned to Illamasqua intense lipgloss in Indulge to Estee Lauders Extravagant Berry ... bright and/or bold lips is definitely the look I am favouring at the moment.

This is actually a look I favour more for daytime, sticking to my usual smokey eye for nights out. With a bold lip, I do try and keep the eye as clean as possible although I do occasionally smoke it up with neutral shades.

My absolute favourite bright lip of the moment is from The Body Shop. Their colourglide lip colour in Cherry Sparkle (60) is a gorgeous cherry red with hints of orange. It's a sophisticated and fun colour that goes well day or night.

(an old & v blurry photo of me wearing cherry sparkle)

Body shop lippies can sometimes be a bit drying so I try not to wear this too many days on the trot, giving my lips time to recover in between wear.

What are your bright lip faves?

x

10 comments:

  1. ooh that pic has made me really want this! right up my street! i am loving dark berry colours on lips, and tom ford ginger fawn at the moment which is poppy red! beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sophie rosalind ah i always wish i'd picked up the tom ford coral shade ... unfortunately i went for the nude that i hardly ever wear!! This colour really is lovely for a fraction of a tom ford which is nice :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this on you lady! must go in for a neb.

    what are you wearing on your eye here? - am rubbish at a good 'naked' eye.

    a x
    www.girlinthecityglasgow

    ReplyDelete
  4. @girlinthecity hmmm, you know what? I haven't the foggiest whats on my eye... i think it could be something like MAC All that glitters but then it looks a little to browny for that. The photo was just before my ombre hair change & my brain can't think that far back x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah - the bleach - it gets to your brain y'know! ;)

    If I send you one of my MAC holiday cards, will you do my eye make for me sometime? :D

    a x
    www.girlinthecityglasgow

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really suits you! I am loving red as well at the moment favorite being revlon renewist in cherry red i think and rimmel red vinyl gloss :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that bold lip REALLY suits you! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful on you! Really pretty. I don't suit bold lips at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you - Impassioned is amazing...really like Toxic Tale too.

    Was at James Dun House today - amazing! Have you been for yours yet?

    x

    ReplyDelete