Thursday 4 November 2010

Cheek of the Week - Accessorize Diva

New to Superdrug in the last month is Accessorize own brand of cosmetics. Instead of just concentrating purely on costume jewels and bags, the accessory brand has branched out into the world of make up.

Prices are beyond reasonable with blush priced at £5 and bronzer at £6. It seems the vast range of nail polish is very popular as they were completely sold out in store, so that left me with a choice of blush, eyeshadows and bronzer.

I decided to go for this blush in shade Diva. Diva is a shimmery dusky peach/pink shade that gives a warm glow to the cheeks and pretty for winter. Although the colour is lovely, the pigmentation is a little on the weak side. I had to layer on the blush to achieve the level of colour I wanted but I found the more I layered the more shimmery it go .... shimmer over colour rather than colour over shimmer. It just looked a little messy as opposed to a polished glow.The packaging is pretty cute, it's quite sturdy and has little gold embossed butterflies over it. I quite like that they haven't really tried to copy anyone elses packaging, they have come up with their own design that reflects the nature of the brand.

I would compare this blush to Nars Orgasm in terms of colour and shimmer although Orgasm has far better pigmentation therefore offering a little less glitter than Accessorize's offering. It is slightly warmer and more pinky than orgasm but side by side they are not too far off one another and is certainly a cheaper alternative.

You can see from my fotd that it offers quite a glow but notice the lack of pigmentation ... hardly any colour pay off but still a fresh enough daytime look.

Has anyone else tried out the new Accessorize make up range? What products do you rate and recommend?

x

5 comments:

  1. Such a nice colour! I may have to get it even if it's not so pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woow i'd love to try the new accessorize make up range! they all look lovely.. i hope that they are well pigmented though cause i hate it when i buy something and you really have to use alot of the product to get good results.

    xoxo
    http://blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it look very pretty on you! will check these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very flattering blush and you're right about the packaging, it's nice to see sth new for a change!
    I wish accessorize makeup arrives here too (the nail polishes would be my first choices as well tbh, lol)!

    xx

    ReplyDelete