Tuesday 23 November 2010

Product Review Rewind - MUFE Smoky Lash

Way back near the start of 2010, I blogged about my disappointment at a recent mascara purchase. Make Up Forevers Smoky Lash. You can see that post here.

Boy, am I eating my words now. You see I have purchased this mascara 3 times since that review. 3 times!!

Let me explain. Each time I open a new Smoky Lash mascara I still feel exactly the same way I did when I wrote my first review. It's clumpy, wet, messy and doesn't give me that polished look I am eager to attain.
Fast forward a week or 2 later and suddenly the texture and consistency of this mascara is just perfect. It is still as pigmented as when freshly open but much less wet and much easier to define, lengthen and thicken my lashes.

Gone is the clumpiness and untidy finish and instead we have a clean but full set of lashes that have wow factor. The finish is so close to a false lash effect that I am often asked if my lashes are real! Result.

It just goes to show that opinions can be changed and that really a product has to be trialled much longer than just a couple of weeks before you can make an unbiased judgement on it. A lesson learned.

x

1 comment:

  1. you're totally right!! i felt smoky lash makes my eyelashes feel wet throughout the whole day and apart from that I get fall out! I'm going to try it again cause i stopped using it a while ago.. maybe my opinion changes like yours lol

    xoxo

    http://www.blushmebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete