Thursday 9 August 2012

Glamour Check!

I instagrammed this look ages ago and promised to do a blogpost letting you know what I used.

Tardy, much?

Anyway, i'll cut to the chase ...

It was to be an evening of bar hopping and a quick pub quiz (which we won, hell yeah! Team GB).  I was going for casual attire so I usually go for something a little more glam on the eyes.


Excuse the half stripped walls in the background ...

... and excuse the monkey eyebrows!


EYES: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Ebloui as a base. MAC Woodwinked all over lid with Glamour Check! and Twinks defining outer v and under the eye.  Glamour Check! and Twinks are such similar colours you could easily just use one.  Mac Blacktrack fluidline to add a flick and line the waterline and MUFE Smokey lash to finish off.

CHEEKS:  Benefit Hula to bronze and contour.  Mac Springsheen and Illamasqua unrequited mixed together on cheeks. 

LIPS: Hmm, i'm sorry I actually have no idea - I can't remember.  How rubbish am i?! 

A special shout out to skin.  I used Smashbox Studio Skin which has been likened to Mac studio fix fluid.  I don't find the consistency quite as thick and find the colour range a little better in terms of the lighter foundations. (I sometimes find Mac SFF shades too pink or too yellow).  



A little goes a long way with this foundation and piling it on will leave your face hanging by your knees by the end of the day, it's so heavy!  However, a light application gives just the right medium coverage and is easy to blend.  It looks fresh, flawlwess and lasts all day and night.  The only judgement I have yet to make on it is whether or not it photographs well.  This is always the clincher for me.

Now I am off to work out how to make the best of this blog and possibly come up with a better look and name for it.  I feel like I have grown out of Saskia the Style Fairy ... girl feels like a numpty! Any suggestions, you can let me know :) 

x

6 comments:

  1. Love that look! I've got a few shades of the Chanel illusion d'ombre range and like the consistency but I've never been a fan of mac eyeliners, purely because I can't find one with a tip I like but may need to have another look. And good luck with the blog renaming - I had to do it too, but you'll feel better when you have a name that's more who you are now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @My Blonde Ambition Thanks, mac blacktrack is a firm fave of mine, it comes in a little pot and you buy brush separate which i find better as i have same problem as you with most liquid liners, i am never happy with the tip.
    You are right about having a name that suits better, it will probably end up taking me months to change it though ha hax

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Glamour Check! its one of my favourite eyeshadows looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That eye make up is so fierce. I love the black liner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ARE GORGEOUS!

    I love woodwinked, it's my fave. And I like the sound of that foundation but I'm never sure where to get Smashbox products from?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look on you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete