Saturday 11 August 2012

Work Smarter, Not Harder

As a kid I was a wannabe tomboy.  I shunned dolls and barbies and instead I would attempt to muck about with my nephews, playing shoot 'em up games and climbing trees.  In reality, I would always just stand around watching them, egging them on from afar ... I didn't want to get my clothes dirty ... naturally! ;)

Anyway, I was fascinated by basketball which was something my nephews got me into, in particular Michael Jordan who was a huge icon of the 80's.

My big brother went to America when I was about 11 and came back with the ultimate gift for me.  My very own pair of Nike Air Jordan.  Honestly, if this didn't make me the coolest kid in the class, I don't know what would!

My original Jordan ... still think these look amazing! 

Turned out it earned me about 3 minutes of cool points at school and devastatingly for me, on the first day I wore them I fell down some stairs, causing a huge noticeable rip in the leather of one of the shoes.  Waaaa-aah :(

Fast forward to being a grown up.  I enjoy dressing up in heels, dresses, painting my face and making sure never to over exert myself by climbing trees or looking sweaty.  Ugh, what a girl!  The Nike Air Jordan that I treasured so, have been chucked in the bin by my parents when they moved from the family home .... never to be forgiven for that one, I tell you!

So in my grief for my lost but not forgotten Jordan's, my wonderful Mr who jet sets back and forth to the US ... returned from his most recent trip with a 'little surprise'.  Holy Schmoking, I nearly fell off my seat when I unwrapped the box to find the silhouette of Michael Jordan's infamous jump on the front of the box.

He had only gone and bought me a replacement for the pair that to this day I still rave about (I mean come on, this is a whole blogpost dedication to them!!).  They might not be the exact model I once owned but they are colourful, chunky and Jordan! I love them!



And the most ironic thing about this tale?  I still haven't worn them outdoors.  I keep replaying the moment I feel down those stairs as a kid ... I couldn't take it if I ruined another pair!!!  Therapy, please!

Anyway, big props to the Mr for such a cool treat!

x

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!! Get em on and go strut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marsha Thomason I'm doing it, i'm doing it Marsha ... tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove these new sneakers... gorgeous colours!! x

    ReplyDelete