Saturday 21 November 2009

Changing Rooms!

I realise I have been AWOL this week but things have been pretty messy at Chez Saskia!

We are selling our apartment so we have been trying to fancy the place up a bit for viewers. We have a spare bedroom that was never used, so for the purpose of the sale we had to quickly turn the room around to do what it says on the tin.

Stupid me forgot to take 'before' photographs and we did have a dilemna when the wrong bed was delivered to us but in all this was a 24 hour turnaround and I think the room looks pretty cute now.
It's certainly not amazing but apart from the bed and mirror, we utilised what we already owned and I think we made the space look cosy and inviting while keeping the spend to a minimum. Before this, the room was used for storage and had lots of units and a sofa bed in it... not very appealling for potential buyers you will agree! I've now housed my make up collection in here so I get to use it as a dressing room so really it's all worked out in my benefit heh heh!
Photos are bad I know, they were taken from my iphone. We picked up the bed cheaply from Ikea. The worst part was the mayhem left over in the rest of the flat but we are back to normality now thank goodness!

So thats what I have been up to this week, hopefully normal business will resume shortly!

What has everyone else been up to?

x

2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks great!! it looks so warm and inviting, love the candles too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah - it is so cosy ... hopefully a future buyer will think the same x

    ReplyDelete