Tuesday 10 November 2009

EOTD - Purple Rain

A night or 2 ago, I was feeling a bit rubbish with having a cold (yet again) and in my pitiful state of boredom I decided to have a play about with my new Sleek Graphite Palette. For as much make up as I own, I rarely have time to just play or mess about with it so it was nice to do so.
For this look, I used my new Sleek Graphite palette (LE) and the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume 2.
I started off using Mac Paint in Untitled as a base the applied the purple shade from the Sleek Palette (it's the bottom right corner purple). I applied this all over my lid. I had to really build up the colour with this so it was a case of applying then blending then repeat until I was happy with the colour pay off. In the end I took the colour higher on the lid than normal to add some drama and I also applied the colour under the lower lashline to create a smokey effect.
I then applied the darkest shade from the UD Book of Shadows - Perversion. I only applied a quarter to half way into the eye and really concentrated the colour on the outer v. I then applied the pink shade - Sphynx from this palette to the inner half of the lid and worked out toward the outer v. I then used UD 24/7 liner in zero on my waterline and lightly lined the lid with Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack. Also to highlight the brow bone I added some Mac shadow in Vanilla. I finished the look with YSL Singulier mascara.

I would definitely wear this look with flawless skin and light pink glossy lips for a night out. The overall look was a lot more matte than what I expected from both UD and Sleek shadows but I'd rather there was less shimmer with a look that is dramatic like this.

What dramatic eyes are you favouring? Any tips how I can make this better?

x

6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. I like it just the way it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous, perfect for christmas parties xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! How are you liking the YSL mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!
    I really love your blog, I am mad about fashion and makeup.
    I am from england to, but I live in mallorca,, Spain,

    I follow you :)
    follow me iif you want

    one kiss;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hai naice to meet you in your blog, your blog so intresting... visited back in my blog ok and follow my blog if you want to be famous.

    ReplyDelete