Sunday 1 November 2009

Halloween Solstice Star

So, I hadn't planned to go out for Halloween, If I had, I would have made sure I had a kick ass outfit. However, we decided last minute to get together at a mates flat and obviously dress for the occasion. Our dressing up box (yes, we do have one) is at my mother in law's at the moment since we are packing up to move so I had to use the resources I had at hand. Mainly make up!

Initially I was going to go as a doll but then decided I wanted a more casual approach (read: I hadn't tanned or de-fuzzed the legs so a dress was a no-no!). So in the end, I decided to wear a black assymetric top with black bootleg trousers which had a bit of a 70s vibe to it.... make up wise I took inspiration from one of Kate Moss' birthday looks a few years back.
I love this look and have always wanted to try it. I had hardly any time to recreate it so what I managed to churn out is a bit shoddy but I now know what I would do differently.
To create the look I used a Bobbi Brown Foundation stick - this is definitely one thing I would change, the coverage just wasn't enough for this look. I then concealed and contoured with nars laguna.
I used Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Solstice for the star - which looked great to start with but as the night wore on it creased really badly over the lid. I drew a light outline fo the star to begin with then literally coloured it in with the Solstice.
I then lined my eyes with MAC Fluidline in blacktrack then added Ardell False Lashes.
On the lips I used Rimmel Foxy with Gosh Darling on top.

The Hair? Don't even go there - it was a flippin' disaster!!

So that was my last minute Halloween look - what did you guys dress up as?

x

7 comments:

  1. I love that look.
    If I'm aloud to a sugestion!!!
    I would only change the colour of the star for a more light browny bronze. You have a beautiful skin and hair colour, that gold looks better in blondes. The bronze tone would look great on you and put everything together. I think, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @gabriella thanks gabriella! I totally agree something more bronzy would have suited much better. Will definitely keep that in mind if I do this look again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab - The liquid metals do crease, but so pretty its worth it lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a last minute look I think you look fantastic hun!! I dressed up as a playboy bunny, was so much fun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so cute. I remember the pictures of Kate when she did this. I love the shoulder detail on your top too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love this look, looks amazing on you hun!

    Also love your hair & the detailing on your top/dress too!

    <3 xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing, love the gold star! I dressed up as a green m&m :)

    ReplyDelete