Thursday 29 October 2009

Sleek Cherry Lips ... Oh! and the Graphite Palette too!

I stopped by Superdrug today looking for nothing in particular but ended up at the Sleek stand. Everyone has been going on about the new limited edition Graphite Palette but I hadn't really planned on purchasing as sleek shadows do nothing for me at all. However, once I seen it I thought for only £4 or so it really didn't matter if I ended up disliking it like. You see, the colours are the perfect smokey eye palette so the concept is ideal, the shades are spot on but I have yet to test the quality which for me never seems to sit well on my lids. Anyway, here is the palette - I haven't swatched them or tried them out yet but I am sure you have seen it on everyone else's blogs by now anyway.
What I have been on the lookout for recently is a lovely berry shade of lipstick. Once upon a time I only wore dark berry shades on my lips but since switching to mostly pinks, I find it hard to adjust to seeing myself in darker shades.

I have been determined to get just the right shade but while picking up the Sleek palette I had a look at their True Colours lipsticks... they are only £3.44 (I think?) so again I thought if it doesn't suit it's hardly a loss. I picked up the shade, Cherry. I also picked up what I thought was a darker shade but when I came home it turned out I had 2 of the same Ugh!
The lipstick comes in sleek, black compact packaging which is nice and doesn't look as cheap as it costs. As for the shade itself ... well, I take it as a good sign when my husband arrived home and told me 'Now, that's a red that suits you!' Cheeky so and so!
The lasting ability of this is particularly good - I have had it on since about 5pm, it's now 9.30 and I only touched it up to take a quick photo - other than that it was looking pretty reasonable. Certainly for a product as bargainous as this - I think it's great!

Has anyone else tried Sleek lipstick? What shades do you like?

x

8 comments:

  1. have you tried the sleek shadows on top of a benefit creaseless cream?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time i wore Sleek lippies was when I was about 17 (erm, 11 yrs ago!). I was looking at tnem yesterday though. They have some fab vampy colours out at the moment. I hope they're not drying like they were back in the day. I think that's what has put me off from buying one again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few sleek lipsticks and I think they are pretty good!!! honestly no word of a lie they are just fab! I don't think you'll be disappointed anytime soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this lipstick colour, so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour! Makes me even more annoyed that I can't get my hands on this range. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the palette! Wish we had thm is the US. The red is perfect for fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to trying the Graphite palette it looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete