Friday 9 October 2009

Shoe Haul!

This haul is a bit of a mixed bag on the shoe front but keep in mind it is a collective haul over a couple of weeks (mostly from my holiday).

I'll start with boots, shall I?

I bought all 3 pairs of boots while on holiday in the sun! I found them in a little shop with no name and they were all amazingly cheap. The first pair of boots are these navy suede (imitation i presume) slouch boots with a ringlet detail. They are ankle length with a small heel but can be pulled up the leg further. They only cost around 30 euros and I like that they look a bit lazy but glam at the same time. They are also quite versatile and a few different looks can be achieved by tying the straps in different ways or pulling the boot up. I will wear these with leggings, skinny jeans and with tights and a casual day dress. Next up are more of a night time boot. Purple peep toe ankle boots, in a velvet like material with stud effect detailing on the heel. The stud effect on the heel is printed on - remember I said these boots where cheapies!! :) Again, they cost around the 30 Euro mark. I think these will be nice with leggings or worn with tights and a dress or maybe dressy shorts and if I am brave enough bare legs!
The final of the 3 are much more casual and I now refer to them as my 'bondage boots'. They are a grey suede like material with brown leatherette belted straps across the ankle and foot. They remind me of the All Saints boots but at 45 Euros they are a much cheaper option! I have been wearing these very casual and slouchy with skinny jeans or leggings.
Just before I left for my holiday I chucked out a few pairs of ballet pumps, so of course I had to replace them with something!! Yes, another pair of flats were the answer, this time from Topshop. I love the T-bar and stud detailing which I think set them apart from your average ballet pumps. I bought a pinky nude shade as I figured these would go with everything.
Today on my way home from work, loaded with cold and seriously needing to get back on the couch wrapped in a blanket - I somehow managed to detour past Kurt Geiger. To make me feel less guilty about spending money I made sure I bought something practical - a pair of work shoes. These Carvella black patents with side strap detailing and small heel are great for work and are the perfect combination of sophisticated and sensible.
My last purchase is actually a pair of French Connection trainers. I was drawn to these as they remind of Converse which I love but they were like a girly version with the bronzey gold metallic, ribbon lace and stud detailing. These are perfect for weekends kicking about and keeping it low key.
So now might be a good time to say that I am trying to curb my spending habits. With a new house to think of I need to count the pennies so this may be the last haul I post for a while ... fingers crossed!

x

5 comments:

  1. Ohh the heel on that purple boot is hot! Awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All them look great, but my eyes are on the trainers, probably because I really need a new pair. Those ones are realy pretty, my style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge haul, i love the Topshop flats x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW love them all! I love the first pair especially! Hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one big shoe haul. My favourites are the first pair of boots and the Kurt Geiger work shoes. I use to wear heels to work but was self conscious about clicking around the small office x

    ReplyDelete