Thursday 1 October 2009

Christopher Kane for Topshop

Our High Street favourite came up trumps again last week when it unveiled it's collection by Christopher Kane.

I get a bit patriotic when it comes to Christopher Kane, being a fellow Scot I love that he is a young, fresh, exciting fashion designer who is increasing in popularity and reputation and an amazing rate! Naturally, when this collection hit the hight street, I was right there!

The collection was quite varied consisting of shoes, bags, dresses, tops, leggings and even hoodies! Some of the pieces would never suit my figure, especially the mesh leggings! There was also a gorgeous lace dress but sad to say my size had sold out before I got to it. In the end I opted for an embellished t-shirt dress which retailed at £75.
I really liked how the little beads hung down from the hem of the sleeves and skirt. Because of the jersey material I can wear this as a day to night dress. It's also the perfect dress to wear over leggings or skinny jeans. I am hoping this dress sees me right through to Winter and can imagine wearing it with dark tights and boots and a winter coat for a glammed up cosy look.
I love the black on black embellishment - it's statement but subtle at the same time so avoids being tacky. In all honesty, I would not normally spend this much on this style of dress but after all, it is Christopher Kane and I am a ... Sucker!!!

x

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I loved that dress but couldn't bring myself to fork out £75... nice work though it's gorgeous!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LionLovingTiger well i was almost the same but kept telling myself it was my last treat before I had to buckle up and save for moving!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had Topshop here in Italy...I'd really really love to have spmething by Christopher Kane in my collection, but I can't afford the prices of the regular line :-(

    ReplyDelete