Friday 16 October 2009

Nars - Taj Mahal

One of the perks of my job is that every Friday I only work a half day so my afternoon is usually spent in town wandering around the shops!

Today was no different and I happened to stumble into Space NK - completely by accident, don't know how I ended up in there but I did! A 'No, i'm just looking!' to the sales assistant soon turned into a 20 minute chat about how great Nars blushes are and testing out about 5 different bronzing brushes! Before I knew it I was reeling off a list of products to take to the till. Ah, so much for not spending :/

One of my purchases was a Nars blush Taj Mahal. I always swatch this colour when I see it but for some reason never bothered to purchase. It's a great summer colour with its gold shimmer but equally it's perfect for Autumn with it's vibrant shade of pumpkin orange. It is very well pigmented and a little goes a long way.


These photos do not do this colour justice at all. It is so much more vibrant in the flesh!
This shade must be gorgeous on dark skin tones and I have to be quite light handed when applying it on my pasty pale skin but it still looks great, giving a lovely warm, autumnal glow. Hopefully once I have bronzed myself again I won't need to go so light.

Taj Mahal anyone?

8 comments:

  1. Yep I've got it and I think it's a NARS must have for darker skintones. You can pull it off with your colouring though. It'll look nice against your hair shade. A teeny bit def goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog - love it! I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @VexInTheCity I bet this looks fab on you! Thought you would probably have it :) xx

    @injanuity Aw thank you - welcome along :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who served you? I love the guy in Space NK... such a sweetheart!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is top in my Xmas List - have been wanting it for months! Looks beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. taj mahal is one of the ones I've always wanted too but never seem to get around to buying it. one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a\ massive version of the orange in the mediteranee duo, which I Lurve... I really like the look of it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got Taj Mahal, it's a lovely color, a bit strong, so I dip it once in the pallet, swirve it on the back of my hand a couple of times before applying it on my cheeks so it doesn't look too strong.

    ReplyDelete