Thursday 1 October 2009

Popping my Urban Decay Cherry

A couple of weeks ago I picked up the new Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume II. I have to admit I have only ever used a few Urban Decay products but have never tried any of their shadows. After reading plenty of good reviews on their shadows and especially the first volume of book of shadows, I decided for £27 I couldn't go wrong with this!

It contains 16 shadows ranging from neutrals to jewel tones, 2 24/7 eyeliners and a cute baby sized primer potion. All of this housed in a lovely little box, the shadows slide out of a drawer and the top of the box has a mirror with a little booklet of looks inside.
I love the gorgeous peacock detailing and yes, that's my reflection in the mirror - wearing my favourite Hello Kitty PJ's lol!!
The value for money in this product is amazing and it has actually encouraged me to be more adventurous with colours I may not normally choose. I didn't want to buy this product and throw it to the back of my eyeshadow drawer so I have made a conscious effort to only use these shadows. I guess this is in an effort to prove to myself I do use what I buy. I have spent so much money on products that just lie in a drawer I didn't want this to fall victim to the same treatment.
Here is an example of a green eye that i created with this palette. This was at the end of the night whilst on holiday and I do believe the quality of the shadow is very good, long lasting and can survive through very warm conditions. Obviously it was more vibrant at the start of the evening but it still stood up well to the conditions!

Has anyone else found any value for money gems recently?

x

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on buying your first Urban Decay! I'm a massive fan of the brand, and I bought the Book of Shadows 2 recently as well. It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love UD products. The 24/7 liners are an essential for me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this green/silver look you have created with the UD. I must say after seeing this look I must get my paws on this product:)

    Can you please let me know where can I get it in London. Is Boots the best place to go? xxx

    ReplyDelete