Thursday 8 October 2009

Mascara du Jour - Cover Girl Lash Blast

In one of my previous posts I was asked what mascara I was wearing and to be honest, I have been dying to share with you what it is!

Most of you will already know it and some of you have even tried it - it's Cover Girl Lash Blast. My husband was in America a few months ago and he brought me home quite a substantial stash of make up goodies from the U.S. Shamefully, I have only got round to trying some of that stash in recent weeks *hangs head*

Because this is a drugstore mascara I really didn't believe it would deliver results but I could not have been more wrong!

Lash Blast comes in a fat orange tube - not the most luxurious packaging but I guess it's 'fun'. The wand is straight and the bristles seem to be made of a plastic/rubber material and are quite short and prickly.

The first thing I noticed about this mascara is that it applies really well and only takes 1 coat to get a good coverage however I do like to layer my mascara but even when layered it doesn't flake. The only time I have noticed flakiness is if I apply in the morning then apply a few more layers late in the afternoon but even then it is minimal. The second thing I notice about this mascara and what makes it stand out to me is that it makes my eyelashes look 'cute'. Yeah, I know what you are thinking, what do 'cute' eyelashes look like?? Well, for me, it's that they look full with a nice natural looking curl. In other words, it's the false lash effect.
It lasts for hours even on days like today, when I have a full on cold and my eyes have been streaming non stop! They are the only part of my make up that has stayed intact. I haven't put this mascara down since I first tried it and I am starting to panic about where my next tube will come from. Fingers crossed my husband has another business trip to America planned!! :)

What is your mascara du jour?

x

13 comments:

  1. I love this mascara and am on my third tube of it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! I bought some last time I was in the US and then was wowed by it. The Max factor False Lash effect mascara is practically the same, so you could always try that when you run out of the Covergirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mascara! I try loads of different mascaras but I always come back to my trusty lashblast! ysl faux cils is the only other one that I continually purchase. I am in the U.S. so if you run out and panic, I would send you some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still stuck on lash stiletto but I'll definitely pick this up when I'm in the US :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great mascara...but I also love the Victoria's Secret kind...not their new expensive one..but their cheaper one that is in a squishy, lip-gloss like tube.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOHHHH that looks brilliant. I'm addicted to my Max Factor Mascaras, they are the best out there x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this but have made a pact with myself not to open it until I've finished my other 1355 mascaras... you're making that pact very difficult to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Max Factor seems popular - i've only tried a couple of their mascaras so may need to experiment further :)

    @ellamarie84 ooh thanks for the offer thats lovely of you - i may come begging then once i'm all done with this tube ;D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you look at the TV advert for the MAX Factor false lash mascara, it says it was makreted in the USA as Lash Blast - Its the same product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like people have said... MaxFactor false lash effect is basically the same and is def my Holy Grail mascara! I buy every new mascara there is, but always come back to my false lash one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know exactly what you mean by 'cute' lashes!! I'm going to have to try the Max Factor one I think. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok Ok I get it, Max Factor is the same LOL!! Thanks guys! I Bought a tube today (even though i still have plenty lash blast) so will try it out - the brush looks a tad different - the bristles seem a teeny bit longer and finer but I'm hoping it gives the same effect! xx

    ReplyDelete