Friday 2 October 2009

Holiday make up & FOTD

I have just had my final (i think) holiday of the year and when packing this time around I attempted to downsize my make up.

I usually take a lot of cosmetics with me thinking I will create an adventurous new look every night of my holiday. In reality this rarely happens apart from Ibiza where the falsies and sparkle were on display most days and evening! Other than that I usually stick to the same quick routine most days. For my latest holiday, which was just a chilled out week in the sun - this is the stash that accompanied me.
The aim was to have everything fit into one make up pouch instead of a vanity case or a number of different bags which is normally the route I go down. To some this may still look like a huge amount but this is a bit of an achievement for me. We have the following:

Strobe Cream - as a primer and for illuminating skin (shoulders, legs etc) so double purpose!!
Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick and colour corrector
Mac Select Cover Up and Studio Fix pressed powder
Nars Laguna and also Prestige Glam Tan (simply because it was a new purchase)
2 blushes - Nars Orgasm and Bobbi Brown apricot (I always take a peachy and a pinky blush)
Mac MSF in Refined
2 Mascaras - Covergirl Lash Blast (love this!) and No7 Waterproof Mascara (for the pool, waterproof is a must for me on holiday)
Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack
4 Lipsticks - Mac Lady Danger, Mac Vegas Volt, Maybelline Ambre Rose and Barry M Peachy Pink
2 Lipglosses - Mac Cremesheen in Partial to Pink and Mac Ample Pink
An eyebrow pencil, jodie kidd corrector pencil, a black kohl liner and finally,
Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol II - again this was a new purchase and thought it was a much easier way of carrying lots of different colours with me and trying out my new goody at the same time!

So did we have a win or a fail? Hmm, a bit of both - the book of shadows was fantastic for holiday as it gave me lots of options for eyecolour however I don't think I needed the 4 lipsticks and 2 glosses so next time I would be more realistic about this. I should also mention that I made some duty free make up purchases which I ended up using whilst neglecting some of my stash! Naughty Naughty!

I am not the type of person to go without make up on holiday not even during they day - it really isn't a pretty sight otherwise! I do keep it as simple as possible though - some concealer, sometimes a very light application of foundation, nude lipgloss, some blush and lashings of mascara and ta-da ....


A simple look but enough to define the areas that need a helping hand! Maybe I should go for a simpler look more often and stop hiding behind a mask?!

What is your make up routine? Or are you lucky enough to just rely on your tan?

x

4 comments:

  1. wow you did much better than me!!The Urban Decay palette such a good idea!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Holly Honestly from now on I am sticking to palettes like that - i only own mac quads so hate having to take loads away with me to get the colours i need - this was so much simpler! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the UD Ammo palette to Italy with me... I just wished that it had a neutral matte brown shade and it would have been perfect. Definitely a good space saver.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently did one of these posts too and I think I need to get an UD palette, I always bring along coastal scents ones!

    ReplyDelete