Saturday 3 October 2009

FOTD - Sundown Glow

Last night I was asked to join an evening out with my husband and work colleagues but I literally had about half an hour or so to get ready!

I knew I had to do a quick make up look and also wanted something that was simple enough so I could cart the make up with me wherever I went. So on I donned the new Christopher Kane dress, teamed with opaque tights, platforms and a blazer and as for make up here is the rundown ...
Face:
Mac SFF mixed with Lustre Drops sunrush
Mac Select cover up concealer
Nars Laguna bronzer with dusting of Prestige Glam Tan over the top
Nars Orgasm blush

Lips:
Barry M Peachy Pink and a clear plumping gloss on top

Eyes:
The Body Shop Eye Trio in Sundown Glow
Mac Carbon to define
Bobbi Brown Gel liner in Caviar
Jemma Kidd Corrector pencil on lower lash line
Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara

I chose to use the Body Shop eye trio as I could take all 3 eyeshadows in one little compact container instead of bulking my bag with individual eyeshadows or a bigger palette. I really like this little trio and the quality and longevity of the shadow is great. I have recently been using sleek palettes and my final conclusion is that although they are great value for money, I personally hate the quality of them and the colours and textures don't sit well with my skin. I think when i tried the body shop trio I did expect it to be the same kind of quality but I was pleasantly surprised! It's a great product to reach for when you are in a hurry and think I may add it to my work make up bag which I do try and keep as minimal as possible.

In the end my night out actually got cancelled so I was all dressed up with nowhere to go :( Oh well!

x

10 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous... and your eyes look massive and all sexy like!! You shuld post a pic of you wearing your new dress. Shame the night got cancelled. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your make up looka AMAZING! very 60's! i need this look for my b'day party as im having a mods,punks,rockers theme- oh i wish u lived in Edinburgh & you could have done it for me ;)

    shame your night out got cancelled! Gutted! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! you've defined your eye perfectly :D it's often the rushed or unplanned looks that turn out the best! shame your night out was cancelled, bummer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I posted on here earlier and it's disappeared... and I was trying to be Snoop Dogg as welll... darn it!

    Haha anyways, you look gorgeous...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! Love the eyes and lips, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaww thank you for all the comments - glad you all thought it was nice ... practising my eyeliner application must be working :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your lip colour in this look xx

    ReplyDelete