Tuesday 27 October 2009

NOTD - OPI Midnight in Moscow

When I was 13 I had my first manicure and requested my nails should be painted in Chanel 'Rouge Noir'. I was obsessed with Rouge Noir nails to the point of having pictures plastered over my wardrobe of hands painted in Chanel! Years later when I was 16 I managed to get my hands on the real deal and since then I have bought practically every vampish nail polish I come across. A deep berry red or darker than blood red is my all time favourite nail colour.

Anyway this takes me onto a purchase I made while on holiday. I came across a shop selling OPI and they happened to have the Russian Collection which is quite possibly one of my favourites of the OPI's. The shade that really stood out to me was Midnight in Moscow.It is pretty much a black with red shimmer so it is very vamp - absolutely gorgeous. It is very similar to MACs Baby Goth Girl but a more grown up version without the gold chunks! The only drawback to this polish is that it takes at least 3 coats to create the desired effect. Anything less and the colour just looks black and dirty - the 3rd coat is essential.

What are your favourite vamp shades?

x

10 comments:

  1. I still love Lincoln Park After Dark. Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow is good too.

    I bought Baby Goth Girl, and the big glittery chunks are beyond annoying when you try to take it off. This looks much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I just got OPI Black Cherry Chutney today... loving it! Really like Essie Wicked too.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @GraceLondon Yup Lincoln Park After Dark is a strong fave of mine to - will need to check out Here Today Aragon Tomorrow

    @LionLovingTiger - I have eyed up Black Cherry Chutney a few times actually ... still to properly try out Essie polishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the look of that one, just wish I had nice enough nails to do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Get Lippie - believe me, my nails are in a terrible state just now ... thats a reason why i do love dark polish - as long as your nails are neat and tidy(ish) then dark shades cover a multitude of sins underneath - mine are all cracking and ridged - it is yuk! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that! I'm getting back into dark nails. Currenly loving a dark navy which I'm really into :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've just reminded me how much I loved Rouge Noir. It was one of the first things I bought with the wages from my first ever part-time job when I was 14! Might have to repurchase!

    This colour looks lovely. I'm loving Chanel's Gondola and Vendetta at the moment.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all this years my fav vamp is Chanel Rouge Noir.
    I know so many options, why that?
    Also, was my first love, like for you, I believe will be eternal love :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tagged you on my blog :) I love that colour varnish!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sticks hand up* another Chanel Rouge Noir purchaser. In fact I still have my original bottle :S
    This is lovely, may have to look on Ebay for it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete